Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Two Questions!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Two Questions!!!!!!!!!!!

1. IS IT WISE TO USE A 24 VOLT BATTERY FOR A 12 VOLT TROLLING MOTOR? WILL IT LAST LONGER?

2. WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD REPLACEMENT VARIABLE SPEED TROLLING MOTOR FOR AND EXISTING MOTORGUIDE 52 PRO SERIES 5-SPEED TROLLING MOTOR?

AND THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES REGARDING THE FISHFINDER TROUBLESHOOTING! HOPEFULLY I'LL GET IT ALL TOGETHER AND BE READY TO FISH BY SPRING OF '07!!!!!!!!!!!lol lol lol

JIGS TWITCHIN'....................................CD
    YOU ARE EITHER PART OF THE PROBLEM....OR PART OF THE SOLUTION!! CHOOSE YOUR SIDE!

Post Thanks / Like

1. NOOOO....you will burn the motor up.

2. I have a Minn Kota 55 Power Drive that I like. Use the copilot feature and love it too.

Hope this helps. Billy

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely not!!! Like Billy said, you will burn it up. However, you can hook up two batteries in parallel and double your run time. I also agree with Billy about the Minnkota. (Wow, 2 agreements in 1 day is a record for me). It will give you an infinite no of speeds you can run and is much easier on the legs. The auto pilot feature is great too if the ole pocket book will allow it. The co-pilot can always be added later if you want.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation for an answer to question #1 ...

I refer you to my reply in your "fishfinder troubleshooting" thread.

I'll leave question #2 to those who are fortunate enough to have a "variable speed" trolling motor. ............... cp