Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: protesting funerals

Post Thanks / Like

Default protesting funerals

I recieved an e-mail yesterday evening asking help for a fellow parishener from our Church. Stacey Klinger(a public school teacher) was run over by a SUV and died from her injuries. A fellow teacher of her's belongs to our Church. It seems that the Westboro Southern Baptist Church members are going to protest her funeral, because she teaches at a public school and they teach tolorance towards gays and gay marriage. They want enough people to line the street so these people can't get close enough to bother the family.
    How can anyone condone protesting at a funeral for our teachers or military soldiers funerals, which they have been doing here.
    They hide behind the 1st amendment that the soldiers fight to maintain so they can protest against them.
    They should make a law to outlaw this type of behavior as with, can't hollor fire in a crowded theater, or make it a hate crime, which is what it really is. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree Beav
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

X2
    Be as smart as you can, but it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I agree. Never seen such down here in my neck of the woods. I can tell ya it wouldnt go over very well, that's for sure. They'd be fighting and maybe even killing over something like that here.:rolleyes:
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question....WHY does the law allow those types of protests anyway?!? It's plain un-American to protest a funeral. If they want to protest something then it should be the gov't for allowing such teachings in the schools in the first place.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I've moderated myself on this one. EB get a group of protesters up and go protest the protesters. Don't cut any corners, let the world know what they've done, let them see what its like when this BS happens. Kinda like "eye for an eye", video and take pictures and post them for everybody to see. Remember a picture is worth a 1000 words, and with pictures you can tell what you want to tell, because pictures can be very misleading. Pretty soon these people will get enough static from employers, friends, and such that they'll discontinue their EVIL doings. I guess what I'm saying is make them accountable for their actions. I'd tell ya to throw rocks at em, but they'de just crawl under them.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    I recieved an e-mail yesterday evening asking help for a fellow parishener from our Church. Stacey Klinger(a public school teacher) was run over by a SUV and died from her injuries. A fellow teacher of her's belongs to our Church. It seems that the Westboro Southern Baptist Church members are going to protest her funeral, because she teaches at a public school and they teach tolorance towards gays and gay marriage. They want enough people to line the street so these people can't get close enough to bother the family.
    How can anyone condone protesting at a funeral for our teachers or military soldiers funerals, which they have been doing here.
    They hide behind the 1st amendment that the soldiers fight to maintain so they can protest against them.
    They should make a law to outlaw this type of behavior as with, can't hollor fire in a crowded theater, or make it a hate crime, which is what it really is. EB

We have lost our "Common Sense"
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100% EB!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    Question....WHY does the law allow those types of protests anyway?!? It's plain un-American to protest a funeral. If they want to protest something then it should be the gov't for allowing such teachings in the schools in the first place.
    There's the answer! But half the gov't is GAY!
    But after thinking about that for a little bit, I guess I would be gay too,
    after looking at Nancy for a while.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

They tried to protest a military funeral this past week, and a lady from the town of aobut 2000 found out that they had applied for a permit, and the location of it. So she got about half the town to show up, and park vehicles where they were suppose to be. People also came from California to help, and it was mentioned some came from Australia to help too. When gaps needed to be filled in they used big American flags, holding onto the ends of them to take up space. So the group showed up, and when they seen all the people there, they left. It is probably the best way to deal with this idiot group, by confronting them face to face.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast