Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: taxes

Post Thanks / Like

Default taxes

I am looking into buying a new boat. The boat will cost around $32,000. How much are property taxes going to be? I dont know if its worth buying a new boat in this state. Might have to get an old flatbottom or something. How much are your boat taxes?

cody

Post Thanks / Like

I would call your local county appraiser...they can tell you....its gonna be darn expensive....I paid $110 a year or so on my tracker and only paid $4000 for it when I bought it.

Post Thanks / Like

What ChadKU said... Darn expensive for a newer boat! Mine is now 3 years old but the taxes haven't dropped much. I think they just sent me a bill for $650.

If you get a cheap-o old boat, you may not owe any taxes at all. I think my ol' clunker boat has been "free" for about two years now. The hull is 54 years old and the motor is 29, so it was kind of a slap in the face when they used to charge me taxes on it... Back when they used to charge me, I think it was only $6.00 per year.:D Of course, you would be sacrificing quite a lot of creature comforts when you go that cheap, and it isn't much of a "family" boat...
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D