Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Cumberland

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Cumberland

Does anyone fish cumberland around the docks at the marina for crappie. I will be down helping a friend open his houseboat for the season as was hoping to catch some crappie. I know its deeper than usual but there has to be some in there.

thanks j mac

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

DON,T KNOW ABOUT CUMBERLAND BUT ON SON OF MINE HAS A HOUSEBOAT IN IL. AND WE CAN CATCH CRAPPIE THE YEAR AROUND [JUST DIFFERENT DEPTHS]
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cumberland

I went fishing at Cumberland one summer evening last year fishing for stripers. Didn't attempt to catch crappie, but I do know my fish finder was going nuts around the marina. I went to the largest one on the lake, can't remember the name of it, but there was a parking fee and the parking lot is basically the side of a mountain. I'm sure your friends houseboat might be at this dock, as it was huge. Had a floating tackle and bait shop there, too, so someone more familiar with the lake might know the name of this marina. I'd say if you fish around the dock at night you will probably have a good chance to catch some crappie, as the place was lit up quite well as far as I can remember. Good luck!
    All in all you're just another fish on my wall.

Post Thanks / Like

Default cumberland

I will be at burnside marina i know it has to be very deep ive seen other houseboats with workmens like lights hooked on the front corner of their boats i figured they must be fishing for crappie. Just not sure how deep to fish

Post Thanks / Like

They'll be deep until the spawn. Depending on the weather, that'll probably be a good while from now, so if you go anytime soon, be prepared for deep water fishing. With all the cold weather we've been having lately, you'd probably be surprised at just how deep they will be. I've heard people talk about how the crappie will move from deep to shallow on any given day, but they probably won't be coming shallow anytime soon until we get some much warmer weather. A lake as deep and huge as Cumberland probably takes a LONG time to warm up.
    All in all you're just another fish on my wall.