Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: High Pressure System

Post Thanks / Like

Default High Pressure System

When there is a high pressure system does anyone else seem to catch smaller fish? Just seems lately that when there is a high pressure I catch way more small ones...dont know if thats true or not but just seems to be the trend with me! I did manage to keep 15 today on Weiss but I had to fish hard to get them! Does anyone else think this has anything to do with size of fish biting?
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

I notice i seem to do better after a high pressure system rolls through, but i'm fishing a smaller body of water 12' to 15' deep, but again it's a small body of water:D

Post Thanks / Like

I've been trying to keep a journal and the only thing I've found ( which has nothing to do with the fish size) Is that I seem to do better than par when the bp is on a steady fall. AND waaay better than par right after a dramatic decrease. But I think all of thats relative to the body of water you fish.
    But you could be right in the theory of the effect on fishies swim bladders...? Maybe?
    Dunno.
    But fishing hard for keeper 15s is better than working hard for 100.

Adam

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree,my big fish seem to bury themselves in the brush and get stubborn when the barometer's high,gotta wade through dinkville to catch em.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I too have kept track of this in the past and everybody has made some good points. Skyhigh or basement lows both are tough. A stable pressure is consistent, rolling fronts or fronts in concession provide limited windows of opportunity. There can be times that are explosive in this situation, but there generally short. On a long system with overall stability, 2 days before the arrival of a front has been the best for me. Thats generally the starting of the backside of a system, or when the bp slowly starts its movement. Fishing then is consistent and usually good. Anytime the bp stays steady, the more consistent fishing will be, the longer it holds the better. Throw in some moon phases and you'll end up with some solid patterns. Here's a tidbit, close to 90% of record fish are caught in the full/new moon cycles with a substancial number of records caught the DAY of the half-moon. Interesting, Good luck
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input....i am no expert just crossed my mind the last few days of fishin with the blue bird skies and high pressure and might I add no wind! Tough fishin for me and tons of smalls...it still better than not getting to go!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!