Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishfinder Troubleshooting

Post Thanks / Like

Question Fishfinder Troubleshooting

Just bought a new Eagle 500 with the GPS capabilities. It will replace my old Eagle 320. The guy at Bass Pro said I don't have to change my transducer or anything. Took her out to give her a try yesterday. Worked like a charm for about 45 min then the screen went dark. It was still working but the screen was so dark I couldn't really see it. Adjusted the screen settings but that didn't help. So I turned it off and waited about 10 minutes. When I turned it back on, it worked fine for about 10 minutes then the screen went dark again. I was running my trolling motor at the same time. Just wondering if my battery is up to par or what. Ever happen to any of you guys? Ideas anybody? Jigs twitchin'..............................cd
    YOU ARE EITHER PART OF THE PROBLEM....OR PART OF THE SOLUTION!! CHOOSE YOUR SIDE!

Post Thanks / Like

id take it back and get a new one,just for the peace of mind , if it does same thing then something wrong with battery etc...

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have it hooked up to your trolling motor batteries??? I have my Garmin hooked up like this and when my voltage gets so low it shuts off when I hit the trolling motor and comes back on when I let off...

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

try it on your cranking battery and if it still doing that take it back .
    you might call the trouble shooting # and ask about it
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Happened to me once and it was the unit. Did the exact same thing. Don't wait. They may have you send it back to Eagle, and that takes time.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, take it back, bad LCD.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

I Thought For The First 30 Days Bps Replaced The Unit --after That Sent Back To Factory
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank lawhead
    I Thought For The First 30 Days Bps Replaced The Unit --after That Sent Back To Factory
    That is true, I'm going thru that now with a Lowrance X-125 fogging up on me. So rather than going thru that, I fixed it my self.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I had something similar happen to a Lowrance X-67C purchased from BPS. When the screen went dark, it blew the fuse. After replacing the fuse, the unit worked, but it was too dark to read. They exchanged it for me with very few questions. The manager from the electronics department was starting to quiz me on the installation when I informed him that the defective unit was a 1 for 1 replacement for the cheap X-37 that came with my new Tracker boat.

The replacement has been trouble free.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Almost positive its a low battery. Mine does the same thing when we have been running all day and the batt is low, especially when i turn the tm on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast