Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Try to Help the Readers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please Try to Help the Readers

Guys, I was a little leery about posting this, and I sincerely hope that you don't think I'm being a S-A about it all, but it seems to be getting kinda difficult to interpret what some of you are trying to say in your posts. Spelling isn't the problem - a little imagination is usually enough to get the gist of the messages. But please try to stick a comma or a period in an appropriate spot occasionally. It will make the reading a lot easier. :D
    Thanks - and hopefully from more participants herein than lil ole me.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneakypete View Post
    Guys, I was a little leery about posting this, and I sincerely hope that you don't think I'm being a S-A about it all, but it seems to be getting kinda difficult to interpret what some of you are trying to say in your posts. Spelling isn't the problem - a little imagination is usually enough to get the gist of the messages. But please try to stick a comma or a period in an appropriate spot occasionally. It will make the reading a lot easier. :D
    Thanks - and hopefully from more participants herein than lil ole me.
    Pete
    Hey SP,

Ya musta been a English teacher in your other life.

Maybe we can add a grammar checker someday, too. ;-)

Jig Rig
    Ephesians 1:13

Post Thanks / Like

Pete, I agree with you.. If you only knew how many posts that I edited and added the coma's and periods into after they were posted, you would be amazed. I haven't done that in about a month or so. Guess maybe I need to start doing it again?
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Pete, I think it's just another example of how the texting craze is creeping into everything. Some people spend so much time sending those cryptic/shorthand text messages to their buddies that they forget how to type a coherent sentence. And it's not just on crappie.com. I see it all the time in emails my students send me. I don't sweat a few spelling or punctuation errors because I make my share, but sometimes it's such gibberish I just want to respond with a "Huh?" Young people, particularly, need to understand how short emails or postings can have a big effect sometimes. I heard a magazine editor say one time that if anyone ever submitted an article to him by email for possible publication, he wouldn't even read the attached article if there were any spelling/grammatical errors in the email. His position was that if they can't even write an email in the King's English, he wasn't interested in publishing their work.

Post Thanks / Like

Terry -
    You made a good point about all the texting. Now, how do you eliminate the carry-over?

Johnny, your editing efforts are well appreciated. Keep it up - PLEASE!

J-R, I never taught English, but that was my quick way out of LSU.
    Please don't hold it against me!

Now I'm going duck-blind-building!
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I can go along with the spelling and other things. I am also not good at spelling,never have ben never will be. I wish everyone would put what town they are from not just LA. personaly I will verry seldom read or answer anyone that does not put thair town. unless I now them.Thanks not trying to be a HORSES BEHIND.

mikeg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneakypete View Post
    Terry -
    You made a good point about all the texting. Now, how do you eliminate the carry-over?

Johnny, your editing efforts are well appreciated. Keep it up - PLEASE!

J-R, I never taught English, but that was my quick way out of LSU.
    Please don't hold it against me!

Now I'm going duck-blind-building!
    Pete
    That's to bad Pete, now I know your just a curmudgeon.

But your duck blinds are good for the fish.

Jig Rig
    Ephesians 1:13

Post Thanks / Like

J-R -
    What the hell is a curmudgeon??
    And my duck blinds are built on top of a rice-field levee, so they probably won't be beneficial to anything but me. :D
    Hopefully, anyway.
    Curmudgeon, huh? Hmmmm.... Gotta Google that one...
    :D
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I AM NOT!!!
    I am a happy puppy, pleased with my life and the folks in it. Ask Dwyane and Johnny!
    See me smile!
    Cranky??? Not me, cher! Not even with Barbara!
    (Most of the time, anyway!)
    So, being the nice guy that I really am, I will accept your sincerest apology.
    See?! Good ol' Pete - never a bit of bad blood in him!
    XOX
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

cur·mudg·eon/kərˈməjən/
    Noun: A bad-tempered or surly person.

Pete, this thread might start becoming "off topic" but I have to admit that the older I get the more of a curmudgeon I become. Is it just me or is the world going to hell in a handcart? I don't mean politically--history shows the political pendulum swings back and forth between the left and right like clockwork and if you're not happy at the moment, just be patient and it'll swing the other way in a few years. I'm talking about on a more basic level of civility, courtesy, manners, and plain old common sense. My wife and I went to the movies Saturday and about a half dozen young teenagers (14 or so) came in and talked and played slap and tickle the whole time. Three moved up next to us and started talking and I went over and told them to either shut their mouths or I'd have them removed from the theater. They looked at me like I had violated their space (they then moved). I would have never done that in my earlier days but now I just get tired of it and speak up more and more. And don't even get me started on the young store clerk whose head nearly explodes when you hand them a penny to make the change come out even.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast