Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to Fishing

Hello All,

Thanks to everyone for all the great information. I have been reading this board for a few months as I await the spring fishing season. I re-discovered Crappie fishing when we bought a home on LOZ and I am hooked. I have been fishing off the dock with good success but feel I am ready to start to explore other areas of the lake.

I thought I would ask each of you to give me 1 piece of advice which helped you improve your fishing. Remember I am a novice so even the basics would help.

Thanks in advance for all of your input. I appreciate it.
    JoyJoy
    Lake of the Ozarks
    46 mm

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Try this ....

around your dock, around standing trees, around fallen trees -

http://www.crappie.com/articles/crappiepappy.htm

You may have already read it, and/or even tried it ... but, it's a good tactic, that's pretty easy to do, and it's productive.

Welcome to Crappie.com !! When you get more comfortable with the site and membership, please be sure and put some personal info into your User CP. It helps us to know whom we're talking to, and where they fish. ........ luck2ya ...... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Crappie.com. My advice to you would be not to take any of my advice.

I can provide references upon request.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

when everyone else stays home because its to hot,windy,cold, rainy go anyway!!!!! Good luck and keep us posted on what you catch.

Post Thanks / Like

biggest secret in fishin is the spot! throw a bait into a spot where there ain't no fish and you will not catch'em. throw a bait to a spot where there are 100's of fish and you will catch'em! learn a lot of spots! welcome to board!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't stop trying

Find the depth-find the fish. Different depths for different times of the year and time of day. Fish move. Fall and winter go slow. Spring and summer speed up a little more and cover more terrritory. Don't be afraid to experiment. Just cause you caught one on 1 type bait and 1 presentation, don't mean the rest of them like the same presentation. KEEP YOUR JIG OR BAIT IN THE WATER!! I've caught fish while trolling from one spot to another, just by keeping my jig in the water on the way. Fish brush and trees, but throw over into open water a time or two if you can't get them to hit in the brush.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

gooch.i needed a laugh this mornin and you provided it,that tickled the s--t out of me. joyjoy,always be prepared to adapt, patterns can change quicker than the weather.some day's and even some week's the pattern stay's consistant but usually they will change daily with the changes in clouds,temp,wind etc the fish will react differently so alway's fish with an open mind.I also keep a logbook on my trips and think they help put you on fish where you have caught them in year's past.hope my ramblings help.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone who has responded. Spring can not come quick enough for me!
    JoyJoy
    Lake of the Ozarks
    46 mm