Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Default any ideas

I am thinking about sinking this boat and using it to build a condo.any ideas on how to do this? maby a mix of cane, pvc,large hard wood limbs ,cut up bucket pieces ect.I have the center console i can put back on and railing that goes all the way around. looking at a spot 25 ft deep.it has foam in it so what it going to take to sink it dont want to get it out there and not be able to get it down.theres no current,but I dont want it wonder off ether. Ifigured this would would be better than the land fill.thanks matt.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

another pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Dude I think thats more work than its worth. The boat will be nothing more than a big ole rock at the bottom of the lake. Plus I would imagine that somebodys going to get peeved if they see you sinking a boat if its not against the law. I would just take it to the land fill and pick up some crappie condo materials there and just make a real condo.

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Give Away

What shape is the boat in? Why not try putting a sign on it that says FREE for the taking. What is one man's junk, is another man's bounty. You might be surprised how quick it will be gone. I have a fiberglass boat that I patched, and it needs a little more done this year.

Matt it would help everyone here, if you put in the state and general location of where you live. Someone here, might even be interested, if they knew your location.

Post Thanks / Like

i had a old ski boat i was gonna sink in smith lake, know a few folks that have and made a nice fishing hole.. but how will you feel if it raises 2 years from now and someone hits it and you know how fast the bass boaters run the river...i have found out recently what goes down doesnt stay there...i just couldnt take that chance so i just had it hauled too the dump..

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Good luck

I had the time of my life this past weekend just trying to sink a christmas tree. I sure wouldnt want to tackle the jof of sinking a boat. I had a friend a few years back that put all of this effert into building a boat reef. He had that old boat filled with at least $300 dollars worth of scrap aluminum. He took it out to his chosen spot and busted holes in the thang and as it sank it drifted. That has been five years now and he has not been able to find that boat yet. Even with the best bottom machines. He also sunk this boat in a river with nill curent.

Post Thanks / Like

Default foam

With the foam in it you better call a cement truck. Boats are hard to sink when they are made to float. Sorry.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

JUst load it down with some 55 gal barrells of old used auto oil, about 1000 pounds of LEAD, some old batteries (those are good and heavy) and take it out there and shoot some slugs in the hull? I guess that would work?

It does look like I could load a heck of a lot of condos on it, tow it out and then drop the condo's...LOOKS like it would make a great barge!!!!
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 02-10-2006 at 03:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i would try and sell the boat. even if you only get 100.00 out of it. you could go out and buy the stuff to make some PVC condos. crappie1 went out and got some PVC and quikcrete and made some nice looking condos for 20.00. take a look at them. http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=14313

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies.yeah a lot of work but more than its worth I dont know? aAbig ole rock could be a good thing if you have none in your lake.against the law? boats sink all the time. peeved dont know why? Ive made and dropped a ton of real condos already. I just saw this as an oportunity to make a huge reel condo plus artificial reef in one shot. Its not in very good shape really dont want to give it away or dump it if I could benefit from it some how.I do have some $ in it.I live in ok city.If this project is done right it will not rise in 2 years.300$ worth of aluminum hmmm. lots of free heavy stuff out there.drift a way.put bouy attached to it to monitor it for a while.plus a number of different anchoring systems could be used.bill sorry for what? I work in construction so I have access to whats left! A little time with a saw and I can easily take out the floor and the foam theres not a lot.So I would end up with a big ole bucket! barrels of old used auto oil, 1000 lbs of batteries. dont think that will be happening.just looking to do something different.All the work dont bother me I enjoy it.I can just see this little under water city.May be a forest of free pvc pipe.Thanks to all your replies I know what I have to do to do this safely and successfully Thanks matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast