Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie forum lingo and terminology...yall got me lost

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie forum lingo and terminology...yall got me lost

drop shot

blank

pullin

there are some words that we dont use down in new orleans.. i know we say sacalait for crappie and tchoupique for bowfin..but thats about it.

Can someone post up some words and tell what they mean? what is a blank... what is pullin.......

whats a drop shot...

I am just a dumb bass fisherman among all these speck and redfish fishermen in the area.

not clear on what yall talking about half the time.

Post Thanks / Like

It's OK we all ask questions. Don't think a thing about it.
    Drop shot is a weight on the end of your line with a hook or jig up the line above your sinker (12"-18" usually). This is the best method I know of for fishing brushpiles. It takes a little finesse pulling a minnow up through the limbs but the weight enables you to jiggle it free if it gets hung. You can probe every area of the brush pile with this technique.
    Blank is referring to a rod blank. The blank is the rod before the eyes and handle are attached.
    Pullin is referring to pulling jigs or crankbaits from the back of the boat. Pushin refers to trolling from the front of the boat. There are variations to these trolling techniques but that kinda sums it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that post..that was informative and concise. i had no idea what pullin and pushin was!

thank you