Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Multi use Hi Tek bases

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Multi use Hi Tek bases

I just bought my 1st HiTek rod holders and I'm getting ready to mount them. I bought a pair of the 4 rod for the front and a pair of the 3 rod for the back. I also bought 4 extra bases so I can move the holders around for longlining and pulling cranks. My boat is a Horizon 1860 aluminum with large front and rear casting decks. I have 3 seat bases up front so I can spider rig double or troll single. My question is this; how would you recommend I place the extra bases to get the most bang for my buck? I'm figuring placing them pretty much in line with my seat bases front and back but am open to suggestions from those who may have figured this out before me. The standard bases will be up front for spider rigging and either side of the motor on the rear deck for trolling. What position works best for longlining and trolling for you? Thanks.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I posted about this in a previous thread and there are lots of folks that have other options also. First make sure the wife and kids are gone so that they don't point and laugh. Then get into the boat and do a virtual fishing trip. Sit in your seats and move the holders around and see how they would work for your style of fishing. I had an idea of where I thought they should go while I was standing alongside the boat, and it didn't work very well once I got inside for a dry run. I like to be able to reach out and pick the rods out of the holders without getting out of the seat. The pic shows one front and back but there are other bases on the opposite sides in the same place. Good choice with the Hi-Teks, I love mine, all 4 sets. Looking forward to trolling with them, just need more time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I really really really like the Hiteks. Besides, you can get custom made stuff from Callshy. Try that from the others. Here is a picture of a custom slide, groove, or whatever it is. I can slide my pole holders where I want them in front of me and like Skeetbum said, I don't haveta git up. Also not shown, I have my side image sonar head on a Hitek that mounts on this slide. Move it around where I want it .

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

great shot! great idea! thanks

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good idea fellers, I have been looking for a base like that one for a better range of adjustment.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

cane pole, how tall are your hitechs and where do the rods come in relation to your knees? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I got the same advise from skeetbum said about a month ago and worked out great. You will love them.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwaw View Post
    cane pole, how tall are your hitechs and where do the rods come in relation to your knees? thanks
    I believe 22 inches tall. My knees are under the holders kinda. I don't haveta bend forward to grab my poles. They are in arms length.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe they come standard at 18". I had Scott add 2" to mine since i am pretty tall and wanted them up to knee level to amke it easier to leave my hands on the rod handles for a little better feel for light bites. He can make them what ever you want just give him a call.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, my 861 will be done sometime this month. that set up looks to be just right.