Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Toledo Report Wed 2/8,,,Kevin A

Post Thanks / Like

Default Toledo Report Wed 2/8,,,Kevin A

Hey Kevin A,
    The rains had the water muddy last weekend and made things difficult.
    I fished with Mark Robinson and we did do very well all things considered, however we had a long boat run to find clearer water and willing Crappie.
    We fished today (2/8) and had to run again but I kept 19 nice ones from 12-15 inches fishing alone. Not to counting several smaller ones fell off at the boat. We are fishing heavy cover and its not unusual to break off 5 or more fish in the cover. You would think those 37 year old trees would be soft by now! Mark had one guest today that fished a half day and had 36 nice ones. Not bad for 4.5 hours. Every day the water is clearing should make the bite improve. Fish are in channels 18-24 foot using Black/Chartruse hair jigs.
    Kevin,, If you fish Huxley come stay at Robinsons and hang out with a bunch of Crappie fishermen. You can stay there and leave your boat in the water. I'll be there Friday through Sunday this weekend. I'll show you how to tie the hair jig that we use over an adult berverage. seeya, Don
    Last edited by percher; 02-08-2006 at 08:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

You aint right Percher.Here we are forced to work.While you guys are killin the slabs.
    I talked to Mark yesterday and he said he was still hamerin em. Oh well I think we will be able to swing a trip or two in March. Hope to see you up there. He was telling me about the "Secret Hair Jig" you guys have been killin em on. I am going to have to try some here on Lake Houston. Hope we dont get a flood tomorrow like they are predicting.

Good Luck
    Jigster