Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: look what I did to the baby Shad Stinger

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default look what I did to the baby Shad Stinger

I think this is a pretty cool ideal especially with the inch and a half baby Shad Stinger let me know what you guys think.
    [/IMG]

www.bobsjigs.com

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Its basically a Jelly Jig with a bigger body. I like the Jelly Jigs just like they are and I like the Shad Stingers just like they were. It looks good though. I am going to go with the 2 in. Shad Stingers when I order as the 1 1/2 is just a little too small for my use.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Fisherman View Post
    Its basically a Jelly Jig with a bigger body. I like the Jelly Jigs just like they are and I like the Shad Stingers just like they were. It looks good though. I am going to go with the 2 in. Shad Stingers when I order as the 1 1/2 is just a little too small for my use.
    know what you mean. I thought I would run that by him see what the people would think of it, no problem. We will fix you right up on your 2 inch baby Shad Stinger.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Looks real good to me, is that a 1/16 oz jig? That looks like a early spring bait and the actual stinger tail shad would be for when it starts to warm up.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like it snake. I agree with G-3 on the 1.5 inch shad, it is a little too small. However I think with a smaller lead and or hook it can be very affective as well. Sometimes I do well with a smaller jig with a small split shot above it. So I think the 1.5 will work sometimes for me. I still plan on getting some of those molds. I really do like the jellyjig in the babyshad style.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MuskyGary View Post
    Looks real good to me, is that a 1/16 oz jig? That looks like a early spring bait and the actual stinger tail shad would be for when it starts to warm up.
    that is a 1/32oz. Jig head yes you are exactly right for springtime and later on with the Stinger tail and thank you for your compliment.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    I really like it snake. I agree with G-3 on the 1.5 inch shad, it is a little too small. However I think with a smaller lead and or hook it can be very affective as well. Sometimes I do well with a smaller jig with a small split shot above it. So I think the 1.5 will work sometimes for me. I still plan on getting some of those molds. I really do like the jellyjig in the babyshad style.
    thank you. I'm sure that it will work out fine. I think it would look better with different colors. I'm not sure if you would be any different than using the jelly jig. It's on the same principle but with a different body. We just wanted to see what everyone thought about it.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

It goes back to catching the fisherman concept again. It does catch my eye, thats why I mentioned you trying it. I knew it would look good. I still think at times it will make a difference to the fish too. Not many times but I know it can make a difference at times. As long as it catches the human eye though, it makes it worthwhile, atleast for some time lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    It goes back to catching the fisherman concept again. It does catch my eye, thats why I mentioned you trying it. I knew it would look good. I still think at times it will make a difference to the fish too. Not many times but I know it can make a difference at times. As long as it catches the human eye though, it makes it worthwhile, atleast for some time lol.
    if you change the tail like using a stiffer material will make the difference in the world between marabou marabou is good at times but and if the fish are not hitting something with the lots of action there. Wanting something a little bit slower action in the tail you switch over to hackle or nylon to stiffen up the action I'm sure that all my jelly jigs and the baby Shad stinger with the feathers will work you deftly want to carry a variety of them. When you are fishing, such as I mentioned , I know for a fact because I've done this time and time again about use in a stiffer tail action. It's like using plastic baits. Sometimes they're wanting little or no action in the tail or in the plastic bait. It's what every they've been feeding on did put some into high gear . Like most crappie fishermen. We carry a wide variety of different types of baits for them because you never know what they are wanting . I also depends on the time a year in with their is available for them to eat . It's versatile here because they feed on a wide variety of stuff. I know in the summer months. They feed heavily on insects. We've gone down many times in the evening when there was a hatch on the water or a lot of insect activity and you can see the fish rising to feeding on them also. We have a great population of freshwater shrimp which are pretty well microscopic but they are by the billions. If you shine a light in the evening hours when it's dark. It looks like a cloud of them all of fish has to do is open up its mouth and suck him three or 400 of them. And of course there is a great population of small crawfish in the snake River system. Besides the billions and billions of minnows as we do have a large population of trash fish . So one ever despond comes off and after they hatch. They go into a feeding frenzy. Sometimes this will last all through the summer and early spring so that's why we carry a wide variety of fishing tackle with me.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting concept......prob be a good cold water....or right after a cold front....fish it slow kinda deal.....it looks good.....prob work well long linning also....

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast