Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Meldahl

Post Thanks / Like

Default Meldahl

I was fishing in the tailwaters and the sauger are not hitting. I threw jigs blade baits and was using sinker and floating jigs tipped with river shiners. Water temp was showing 59 degrees. There is a little current but not much. I also fished the shiners at fosters creek mouth and didnt catch any thing there also. I didnt try bear creek though

Post Thanks / Like

What do you think the problem is? Was catching them down there this time last year. Doesn't give me much hole tomorrow as I am going to Greenup Dam. People are posting on OGF that they are catching some at Greenup.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been hearing 55 degrees or lower is the magic water temps. Maybe the water is still too warm. Some days you can go up there and slay them, other days not get a bite. Hopefully they will start turning on in the next few days.
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like

Bassky:::Do you ever fish Markland ?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know how that smiley got in there..

Post Thanks / Like

Off Topic- Greenup Dam 11/7/10
    Went to Greenup Dam today. Fog was horrible, took 1 1/2 hours for the fog to lift. After that ended up catching 22 sauger, 1 walleye, and 3 white bass.

Post Thanks / Like

EZGO,
    Where did you fish at Meldahl. At Greenup the water temperature was 57 degrees but they reported they had been catching some off and on for about two weeks. I will tell you one thing, they were hitting spoons better than minnows and curly tails. We were fishing about 16 feet of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, never fished Markland dam, too far away for me. I live in Campbell Co. I heard it can be good too. I have fished the mouths of Hogan, Laughery and Tanners in Markland Pool.
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Assassin View Post
    EZGO,
    Where did you fish at Meldahl. At Greenup the water temperature was 57 degrees but they reported they had been catching some off and on for about two weeks. I will tell you one thing, they were hitting spoons better than minnows and curly tails. We were fishing about 16 feet of water.
    I was in the locks and outside the locks fishing around the bouys, I have been throwing some kastmasters and I still am blanking out. I went to the river today and trapped a boat load of shiners today.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the locks today and saw on sauger caught and a couple drum. I did see a boat about 30 yards ahead of me snagg a sauger. When I was going up river there was a boat in bear creek and when I was leaving the lock I talked to them and they said they caught a hybrid. Then I went to fosters creek mouth and caught no fish. Water was graphing 58.50 degrees, a few more degree drop and it should start picking up. I was going to try out of the locks by the bouys but the waves were pretty rough today.