Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cold front killed my fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cold front killed my fishing

I don't know how it goes with y'all, but in New Orleans and South Louisiana, the bass and sacalait fishing really goes down when a cold front moves in.

After catching probably 20 fish each day in six or seven trips to the Spillway, fishing died...Tuesday i caught one bass, small, and Wednesday same thing. I moved to deeper water and still have not found the success that I was having.

It supposed to be up in the 70s next week, but intil then, I guess fishing will be down.

How does it go with y'all?

Post Thanks / Like

I went up the East Pearl this morning and got 11 nice ones. The cold front did slow them down. Next weeks weather and tides look perfect.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy and I went to Shearon Harris Lake here in Central North Carolina... I noticed the "slow down" because we too had a passing cold front and yesterdays all day rain.
    I could certainly tell that the crappie (sacalait) were scattered alot more than they had been. Water temperature today was 62... dropped about three degrees in just three days...
    wind was variable out of the Northwest at about 5 - 10 mph. I was marking fish holding in 25 - 28 feet of water on a ledge on a main lake channel.
    We didn't get on the water until about 9:30 this morning... we fished until about 1:45 and caught 48 and kept 32.

Best of luck to you.
    Special K
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I went out Wed. It was windy, raining, and cold here. Fished from a rocky bank. Crappie had lockjaw. Shellcrackers were more than willing biters. Caught about 55 and brought home 25 of those that were close to a pound each. That was enough for the wife and I.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Water up my way (Maryland) dropped to 50.8 this afternoon. It actually turned them on. Got 27 fish from noon till 3pm and brought these 10 home. (I set my min size at 10")

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We having our fall crappiefest tomorrow morning so I just hope this cold coming thru tonte dont shut them completely off. Some of the guys are traveling pretty far and I hope they can catch some fish. I havent been fishing in a week now but they was tearing 'em up for the past few weeks.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe some of the new cold but water temp hasn't changed that much yet.
    I'm ready for these temps constantly to get the water juuust right.
    Clouds are gone and pressure has been climbing. Always been bad for me.
    Plus its wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiindy!

Adam

Post Thanks / Like

I have not yet caught two sacalait in the same place. I know they supposed to be in schools, but it just dont happen in cold front conditions.