Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just curious....

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just curious....

Why does so many folks think it is so important to see a jig on the sonar screen?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Question....I know where my jig is.....I just need to know where the fish are.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

#1) So you can see exactly where your jig is in relation to another object in the water column, either a fish or a piece of structure.

#2) It's really cool.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    #1) So you can see exactly where your jig is in relation to another object in the water column, either a fish or a piece of structure.

#2) It's really cool.

Wannabe...
    More or the less #2) people just like being able to see something that they had control over and put down there.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it for fishing semi-open water in the winter time. I can mark fish at a given depth and then let my jig down until it is in that depth with out having to guess if it is there. It has put a lot of fish in the boat for me the last couple winters.

Post Thanks / Like

My two .02 as a newbie... A fairly detailed post from awhile back (linked below) described how to make sure your sonar was set right with respect to sensitivity, scroll speed, etc. etc. That post recommended using a jig for checking sensitivity settings. For me... it worked like a champ. Sadly, while I can now see the fish on the sonar, it hasn't approved my ability to catch 'em!!! LOL!

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...hangy-etc.html

Post Thanks / Like

Those of you who don,t get to Ice fish for crappie are missing alot. I have taken the Ice fishing flasher(Vexilar For Me) and have adapted it to soft water fishing. It has made a world of difference. It works best in calm waters with no current. You see the fish and your jig and the bite. This system will put a ton more fish in your boat. If you have access to a flasher give it a try. A short rod is needed so you can see you jig. I have the xduce taped to the trolling motor. It hangs strait down and is 19degree cone. With this you don,t have to look for brush piles. We don,t have those up here in Maine anyway. We fish the open areas.Name:  open water 2010 092.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  143.3 KB Name:  open water 2010 221.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  144.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about it , tried it, screwed up my locator, called biggerjigger one day, we was talking, he told me how to re set the locator and now I don't want to see a jig, just blips,and structure.

Post Thanks / Like

what kinda sonar or fish finder units do yall have that you can actually see your jigs? and also where are they mounted. My transducer is mounted at the back of my boat. if im fishing upfront my jig would never even be in the cone that the transducer shoots down out of the back
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Young Gun View Post
    what kinda sonar or fish finder units do yall have that you can actually see your jigs? and also where are they mounted. My transducer is mounted at the back of my boat. if im fishing upfront my jig would never even be in the cone that the transducer shoots down out of the back
    If you goggle Vexilar or Marcum you will find the flasher i,m talking about. I as i said in my post have the xducer mounted on the trolling motor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast