PDA

View Full Version : pullin cranks????

Ben B
11-04-2010, 02:14 PM
anyone still pullin cranks? or should i ask if anyone is still havin luck pullin cranks? seems the fish here are still suspended over deep creeks. ive been slow trollin minners last couple of weeks with good luck, but curious bout the crankbait bite. might try it this weekend or might longline some roadrunners, just tired of messin with bait.

SteveJ
11-04-2010, 03:17 PM
The last time we pulled, 11/1, we didn't catch as many, 13, as we had been catching in our 4 hour or about trips but it may have just been a bad fishing day as far as the fish bite. We saw as many shad schools with fish around and under as before but not many takers. We caught 5 pretty quick and then went about 2 hours without a bite then caught the other 8 keepers in maybe an hour and then nothing else again. I think they may still be hitting CB's yet, I saw a guy pulling in the dead of winter some years ago and catching fish, this was before I ever pulled CB's and it was what got me to pulling. I'm wanting to learn to long-line, have never really given it a fair try, just a short while and then back to CB's. Need to leave the CB poles home.

ScottV
11-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Many folks pull cranks till the dead of winter. I was with SteveJ on the trip he just mentioned and we were seeing shad and crappie on the depth finder, but they were simply not feeding. When crappie go shallow you can forget about the cranks for a while. Time for jigs then.

beagle man
11-04-2010, 04:08 PM
or you can get the crank bait rod out and pitch jerk baits over brush piles, or bandits over brush piles. and have a ball also tossing a jerk bait under a dock can be verry productive in cold water

skeetbum
11-04-2010, 04:30 PM
or you can get the crank bait rod out and pitch jerk baits over brush piles, or bandits over brush piles. and have a ball also tossing a jerk bait under a dock can be verry productive in cold water

Never thought of toss a jerk bait in a pile, but it should work good. I'll try it soon.

Ben B
11-04-2010, 06:03 PM
hmmmm......maybe ill bring both sets of rods and find which one's catchin. kinda wonderin what this cold front is gonna do to them over the weekend. or maybe ill jus bite the bullet, buy some minners, and go sauger fishin, i hear they're startin to move up.

decisions, decisions.........

STUMP HUNTER
11-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Good luck with what ever you fish for this weekend. It's going to be interesting come Saturday morning with the temps down around 32. :):)

Ben B
11-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Good luck with what ever you fish for this weekend. It's going to be interesting come Saturday morning with the temps down around 32. :):)

thanks....the low here for Saturday sposed to be 26....all the more reason not to be dippin my fingers in a minner bucket full of water

blueball
11-04-2010, 07:18 PM
last time i tried cranks in sept i didn`t have any luck,good luck on what u decide

creekslick
11-04-2010, 08:46 PM
I have caught them on Thanksgiving Day on cranks.

blueball
11-04-2010, 08:55 PM
don`t say that creek ,i`ll be out their trying it,lol

DRPEPPER
11-05-2010, 09:52 AM
I didn't try cranks, but, long lining jigs was productive a week ago.
DP

Ben B
11-08-2010, 07:47 AM
well my fishin partner had the idea of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and we ended up slow trollin minners again Saturday. was pretty slow, fished from 8 to 3 with only 11 keeper crappie and 2 keeper saugers to show for it. but i ain't complainin any day on the lake is a good day. still think i need to try the cranks again, maybe next week. hope yall's weekend was a good one.