Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pullin cranks????

Post Thanks / Like

Default pullin cranks????

anyone still pullin cranks? or should i ask if anyone is still havin luck pullin cranks? seems the fish here are still suspended over deep creeks. ive been slow trollin minners last couple of weeks with good luck, but curious bout the crankbait bite. might try it this weekend or might longline some roadrunners, just tired of messin with bait.

Post Thanks / Like

The last time we pulled, 11/1, we didn't catch as many, 13, as we had been catching in our 4 hour or about trips but it may have just been a bad fishing day as far as the fish bite. We saw as many shad schools with fish around and under as before but not many takers. We caught 5 pretty quick and then went about 2 hours without a bite then caught the other 8 keepers in maybe an hour and then nothing else again. I think they may still be hitting CB's yet, I saw a guy pulling in the dead of winter some years ago and catching fish, this was before I ever pulled CB's and it was what got me to pulling. I'm wanting to learn to long-line, have never really given it a fair try, just a short while and then back to CB's. Need to leave the CB poles home.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Many folks pull cranks till the dead of winter. I was with SteveJ on the trip he just mentioned and we were seeing shad and crappie on the depth finder, but they were simply not feeding. When crappie go shallow you can forget about the cranks for a while. Time for jigs then.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    ScottV's Custom Crappie Cranks
    Crankbait Pushing Weights

Post Thanks / Like

or you can get the crank bait rod out and pitch jerk baits over brush piles, or bandits over brush piles. and have a ball also tossing a jerk bait under a dock can be verry productive in cold water

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    or you can get the crank bait rod out and pitch jerk baits over brush piles, or bandits over brush piles. and have a ball also tossing a jerk bait under a dock can be verry productive in cold water
    Never thought of toss a jerk bait in a pile, but it should work good. I'll try it soon.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

hmmmm......maybe ill bring both sets of rods and find which one's catchin. kinda wonderin what this cold front is gonna do to them over the weekend. or maybe ill jus bite the bullet, buy some minners, and go sauger fishin, i hear they're startin to move up.

decisions, decisions.........

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with what ever you fish for this weekend. It's going to be interesting come Saturday morning with the temps down around 32.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STUMP HUNTER View Post
    Good luck with what ever you fish for this weekend. It's going to be interesting come Saturday morning with the temps down around 32.
    thanks....the low here for Saturday sposed to be 26....all the more reason not to be dippin my fingers in a minner bucket full of water

Post Thanks / Like

last time i tried cranks in sept i didn`t have any luck,good luck on what u decide

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught them on Thanksgiving Day on cranks.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast