Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Default smithville

just wandering if anyone had any luck at smithville today? went out around 7 and fished camp branch from the bank caught a bunch of small crappie and small largemouth bass. did not have any keepers just wandering if anyone had any luck or any pointers for a bank fisherman

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a bunch od Smithville guys on here and a few that do fish from the bank. I believe "cook" had a good day off the bank earlier this week but not sure where he was at.

Post Thanks / Like

As a fellow Smithville bank fisherman, hearing about Cook's success this week inspired me to head out this afternoon.

I fished for a couple of hours around Crow's Creek using minnows (even threw a roostertail & rattletrap briefly) and didn't have any luck at all. The wind was absolutely BRUTAL.

Even though you only caught shorts, trust me, you had a much better day than I did.

I would love to know where Cook has been fishing up there.

Post Thanks / Like

I got no problem sharing-fishing under the bridge by the free ramp at Plattsburg...had another great day..just wanted to check it out on the way to the farm to cut more wood.Ended up sticking around for 2 hours...10-12...caught close to 100 and at least 20 whites..ain't trying to brag...but I've been posting for 3 weeks exactly where and how..its a no brainer.
    Cold front and windier moving in fri.,so I don't know how it will be.
    PM a fone # if ya want more info,I ain't got a problem sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

good job cook, your doing as well up there as anybody in a boat on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

cantcatchcrappie Is that you Scott good to hear you got out . Cook can help you out from the bank , He can most likely put you on some cats to.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cook sounds like you are on a good bite there. Thanks for sharing with the other guys up there. I remember my bank fishing days before I got my first boat and it can be tough most of the year. So a little help is always nice. Congrats for your last few days of catching and thanks for sharing the info so others may catch a few.

Post Thanks / Like

Cook,

Thanks so much for the info ... bank fishing for crappie at Smithville is a very learning experience to say the least. I sent you a PM, but here's the jist of it ...

I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but I'm not that familiar with the North end of the lake. When you say the free ramp/bridge by Plattsburg .. is that the ramp/bridge on 240th?

I'm just starting to learn Smithville Lake and would love to meet up with you someday.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report youre sharing there Cook. I know the guys appreciate it. Nothing quite like one fisherman helping out another when he's struggling.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a boat,but honestly its just easier to park and walk 50 foot and be on the fish,no fighting the wind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast