Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish Fryer Comparisons (Cajun Cooker or Medina River)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Fish Fryer Comparisons (Cajun Cooker or Medina River)

Was thinking about getting a new fish fryer that will cook for 50 people and was looking at the different brands. I have it narrowed to 2 brands. Cajun Cooker or Medina River Cooker. Anyone have any opinions on either of these cookers please let me know.Thanks!!
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

I have not used either. I have a cajun cooker burner that i put a cast iron pot on to fry my fish. Cooking for 50 ppl would take a while on mine if everyone had to be served at the same time. That medina cooker looks and sounds nice. I like the way the bits and pieces of crust go in to that bottom chamber and dont continue to burn.
    Medina River Master Fry 5 Gallon Fish Fryer
    free shipping from this place. Looks pretty sweet.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Calle me when you fry up one of those turkeys. I will come sample you cooking.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I cant comment on either cooker either, I use a cast iron pot and fry em over an open fire. No better smells in the world than fish frying over and open fire.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

was surfing the local CL and saw this ad. looks pretty sweet if u want a big cooker.
    New Fish Cooker

Post Thanks / Like

Cajun Fryer is a good deal..Have seen one cook 300 filets in a snap..Coolest thing is you can reuse grease all year long as all debris falls to bottom of cooker..Drain grease back into containers when done cookin and its as clean as when you first started..Just my 2 cents on one I have seen..

Post Thanks / Like

Cajun cookers are the best I've ever seen. They are pricey but like Ihumphre said they save a heap in oil costs and will flat fry up somethin.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Let Me Tell Ya About My $300 Medina River Flower Pot

Quote Originally Posted by grundan View Post
    I have not used either. I have a cajun cooker burner that i put a cast iron pot on to fry my fish. Cooking for 50 ppl would take a while on mine if everyone had to be served at the same time. That medina cooker looks and sounds nice. I like the way the bits and pieces of crust go in to that bottom chamber and dont continue to burn.
    Medina River Master Fry 5 Gallon Fish Fryer
    free shipping from this place. Looks pretty sweet.
    Funny this thread should come up. Let me tell ya bout my $300 flower pot.

As some of yall know I hosted the CDC fall Crappie Camp on the North end of Ky. Lake last month. I bought 1 of these "great Medina River" cookers for the fish fry. Pretty close to $300.

When it came 2 of the legs were bent, it was scratched & had a dent in the lid.

The darn thing ain't fried the first piece of fish!

When I got it I decided to try it out to make sure it would work as advertised. Nope! Couldn't even boil water after using a half a bottle of gas. Called the place I got it from & they put me in touch with the guy that makes'um. I told him what it was do'n and he said he'd send me a new regulator. Well after several calls & emails I finally get it a month later.

Now.... Day of the big fish fry. Guess what? That regulator don't work either! I gotta feed about 70 people and my high dollar cooker won't cook. Thank god my buddy brought a Cajun Fryer! He had to do about all the cook'n.

I called the guy on his cell phone that evening and told him what was going on. I got witnesses. He told me he was gonna send me 2 more regulators. That was the 9th of Oct, & 3 phone calls and 2 emails ago. Still ain't got the darn things. Pi$$ poor service!

Right now the darn thing has Mums in it. I'm not happy with it at all! If ya want a fish cooker get the Cajun Fryer, if ya want a flower pot get the Medina River.

With that said, if the guy ever makes things right with me & the cooker does what he says it will do, I'll let yall know.
    Last edited by Wiskers; 11-04-2010 at 06:42 PM.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 4 gallon Cajun from Grizzly, love it, when you get it right it's all you can do to keep up!!
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the Cajun, it is a sweet cooking machine!
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast