Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie hitting at Evergreen Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Crappie hitting at Evergreen Lake

Several of the guys here at work went to Evergreen Lake last Thursday 2/2/06 and fished for crappie. They used minnows and did well in 10' of water at about 4' depth. They were biting very light, but with careful attention they could be caught. Most are at the south end of the lake where it's shallower so it warms up faster. Of course now with the cold spell we'll have to wait for another set of warm days.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Illinois Game and Fish rated Evergreen second in the state for crappie, with a good amount of 10 inch fish and some 15 inchers in there to. Going to fish it alot more this year, closer to home and the saugeye excellant in there to. Warm days just around the corner, I hope. Rick
    I will abide

Post Thanks / Like

is evergreen lake small enough to troll all over?

Post Thanks / Like

fishnforever - What was rated as first?
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Default Location

Where is evergreen lake located?
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loacted N of Bloomington

Evergreen Lake is located north of Bloomington east of US 51. It is 686 acres with a maximum depth fo 50 feet. Has a 10 hp limit. Has concrete ramp on the NE shore suitable for most boats.

Information I have says crappie there is a daily creel limit of 25 fish (Check current regulations)
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Ken, number 1 was Mazonia State Fish and Wildlife area, don't have a clue where that is at. Sangchris rated 3. 420 you can put in the south ramp, by the beach area and you will have no problem trolling that area or you can put in at the north ramp and troll that with no problem. It is also an excellant lake for Largemouth and Musky. Problem with Evergreen is $14.00 per day for Mclean county residents and $16.00 for non. For a resident for the year it's $40.00 not sure about non. Rick
    I will abide

Post Thanks / Like

rick, that lake is up by kankakee. we'll have to give evergreen a try, it's hard to believe it's better than sangchris.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, it hasn't been that good for me, size wise anyway, very hard to top Sangchris. A buddy of mine said they might be trying to drum up some buisness. We'll definitley hit it this spring though, if not for crappie we'll go after the Saugeye, they say there's a record swimming in there. Rick
    I will abide

Post Thanks / Like

Evergreen is a 900 acre lake. It's 5' low right now but should rise a lot after this weeks rain. Last year I caught a hundred or so, but most were only 8 to 10". I hear they're bigger this year, running 10 to 11". Bluegill and yellow bass are small. Caught a 28lb flathead last year. It has two ramp locations.

Yes, it has a record saugeye and muskie in the lake.

Go to http://www.mcleancountyil.gov/parks/Fishing.htm
    for info and a lake map.
    Last edited by kmhkat; 03-07-2006 at 08:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast