Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman anglers

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman anglers

Do we have many Truman anglers here? Its my main lake but did fish Stockton last year some. Would like to fish Pomme this year to.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm here but fish truman after the first of april thru october.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman

I usually take a trip to Truman late April and hope to hit close to the spawn. The last couple years, we were a week or two early. We usually fish out of the Bucksaw area.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Truman probably 90% of my time. I just like the cover there. Have not had much luck at Stockton. Headed to Okeechobee in 2 weeks. My brother-in-law is there and says that it is slow there but getting better. Hurricanes mess up everything. Truman wasn't as good last summer as it has been in the past. Hope this year is good.

Post Thanks / Like

Table Rock is my home lake. I usually take a trip up to Truman once in the Spring when it's gets to be good camping weather.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

jimbo, have you fished truman lately? i live in kc but my fishing partner and i are wanting to make a sunday/monday trip there sometime in the next few weeks. any suggestions on where to go? i would like to be able to get on some fish if i am going to make the 2 hour drive there. thanks for any info you may have.
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Where you fishin Jimbo, we done real well last year. We were mainly between the bridges, KK island area. The Pomme arm was the best for us. The wife caught 3 over 15" and a 16 1/2" on a trip in July, put a whoppin on me bad...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

This time of the year the steep bluffs along the State park are good places to start. If you drive across the mile long bridge in Warsaw you can see the big bluffs the old creek channel runs right along those bluffs too. Long shoal is good just find were the creek channel runs along the bluffs and they should be there. Fishin below the dam in the old channel is good too!! Good fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

I will be down at Truman mostly Thursday's thru Saturdays this season. Just got me a ProCrappie 175 (my first boat). I hope I am able to navigate through all the stumps, guess it will take some time. I also hope my Beagle settles into the boat OK.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't fished Truman yet this year. I usually go to Long Shoal and fish up toward Tebo. Ocassionally I put in at Shawnee Bend too. Either of these two places, you can usually find crappie. Catching was pretty good last year intil the end of summer. The crappie just weren't as plentiful as earlier in the year. I'm just glad that the water level is still up. I'm thinking that this year should be great fishing at Truman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast