Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double Minnow Rig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Double Minnow Rig

I want to start using a double minnow or minnow/jig combo rig on my spider rig rods on the front of my boat. I know that I have been limiting myself to one hook per rod. After searching I am still confused as to how you attach the dropper lines to the main line. Do I use small three-way swivels or is there a specific knot that I need to tie to the main line to create the droppers to my hook? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 3-way swivels, but lots of people tie a loop knot.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I use a palamor knot on top and bottom, sometimes I use three jigs on one line and tie loop or palamor knots, now I put a small swivel above the two jigs, that way I think it keeps the line from twisting. also I sometimes put the light jig on the bottom, there is a problem with that, it tends to get wraped arround the top jig if you move it up and down a lot, usually the jigs are the same weight. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

if I tie mine I use a #7 3-way swivel, I usually just buy the pre-tied ones from grizzly, but they've got a diagram of 'em in their catalog
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingkrappie View Post
    if I tie mine I use a #7 3-way swivel, I usually just buy the pre-tied ones from grizzly, but they've got a diagram of 'em in their catalog
    I've tried tying my lines every way imaginable but keep going back to the grizzly rigs.....they are sweet!!!
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I use crappie rigs. Have extra's wound on noodles in case I need to replace them.

Gman
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

I use a barrel swivel and leave the tag line long and just attach the hook/jig to the tag line on the bottom of the swivel for the upper hook. I don't care for drop loops and the 3 way just adds one extra knot to the mix.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You can use Wannabe's method, or a three way swivel, or just use a loop knot for your top hook or jig. I prefer to use the loop knot.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Same as drop shot except with light jig on bottom. Palomar above the jig doesn't need to be more than 14" from it.

For a two-hook rig, polamar on top, split shot half way to the hook on bottom tied with a uni-knot.

Never liked too much hardware.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I pre tie mine and wrap them on small pieces of pipe insulation. My rigs consist of 4 Palomer knots. Tie on a small barrel swivel at top come down 6"-8" and tie on a bare hook or jig head. Come down about 12"-14" and tie on another bare hook or jig head. Then down another 6"-8" to a 3/8 oz - 1 oz weight. I tie these up in the winter time and put five of them wraped around a 6" piece of pipe insulation. Then put 2 of these in a large zip lock bag. I tie them with 6 or 8 lb test and use 10-12 lb test on main line. Works well for me here on Truman. I will have to drag out the Grizzly Jig CO. catalog and see what theirs look like and how much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast