Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: No Minnows What the heck!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Minnows What the heck!!!

First fishing Trip in Ohio, I loaded up the truck, carefully stowed the poles, made sure I had the fishing license in the tackle box, stowed the said tackle box, filled hot steaming coffee in the thermos packed the lunch headed to CAESAR CREEK. LAKE, found a Bait and tackle located nearby and asked for a dozen minnows, owner of the tackle shop says' he don't have any, I then asked for the next best thing, Leaches, tackle shop says' he don't have any, then asked for the next live bait in my list Wax worms, you guessed it tackle shop says' he don't have any, No live bait at all said he won't get anything live until the spring, The tackle shop owner suggested that I try Cowan Lake, So I put those coordinates in the good old trusty GPS made the drive to the lake found a bait store and would you know it the same response as above, went looking for another bait store found another one a few miles down the road just to hear the same story. So my question is where is all the live bait? I did manage to wet a few lures in the lake without any bites but by then my 5yr old fishing partner was getting cranky because of the cold and the lack of fishing time.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats plum nonsense man.......I bought 50 yesterday......move to Louisiana....get shiners year round....LOL......good luck on the artificials.....
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

Its gettin that time of year places here that don't do a big business afraid of getting stuck so if place does not advertise they still have minnows here in north IL u best call in advance. some will hold if u guarantee to buy quantity, onlythe busy guys will keep stocking, this time of year I always hauled my minnows with me, and even kept some from week to week.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

After thinking it over the things about this that floats my bobber is that they had signs that they have live bait, owners of bait shop if your out of bait post a sign similar to this Fish biting so good all the bait is gone for now, come in for hot coffee and long stories. But it does look like all the bait stores in the area lost me as a customer except for the coffee, I'm having my first batch of wax worms arriving in the next few days and this payday I'm building a minnow tank in the 4 season room and yes its climate controlled. :D

Post Thanks / Like

where are you located in Ohio Cruzzin??
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

LEARN TO USE JIGS AND SAVE MONEY. We got tired of minnows dying and the cost of them. These days it's tube jigs all year long.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a 90% jig fisherman but can buy minnows around here 24X7. But everything doesnt freeze up down here like with you guys either.:rolleyes:
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

if you want minnows and cant find them go to walmart grab you some berkley gulp minnows works just as good
    fishing from the couch in front of the tv doesnt count