Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carr Creek Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carr Creek Lake

Has anybody on here ever fished Carr Creek Lake in eastern ky???

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/fishing...vPath=C101C110

Check out the new fishing forecast for Carr Creek. I don't think it got a very good score. Carr Creek is a very pressured lake, so I wouldn't expect too much from it.
    All in all you're just another fish on my wall.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

It would tickle me to death if everyone read this and decided not to fish this little ol lake.It gets pounded every year....and has gotten pounded for as long as I can remember, but I still manage to catch some very good stringers from it every spring.... I will let you in on a little secret... you can't put alot of faith in what the kdfw says ...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Point taken

Well, I'm just relaying other things I've heard. Most people I've talked with about Carr Creek don't like it very much, but I'm glad to hear you do well there. I've only been there once, wasn't fishing, just exploring around. It's not that big of a trip for me, but I'd really rather find a closer place.

Ah, it would be foolish to put all hope in the KFWD, but from what I've noticed, most of the time, they were right. Cedar Creek was rated Excellent for crappie last year, and I would say my trips there could be considered excellent. I didn't catch a whole lot of keepers, as the insane 12" limit seemed to be a little high for the size of crappie present, but I always caught fish (which is more than I can say for Lake Cumberland...)

Say, you ever fished for walleye at Carr Creek? I've always heard good stories from walleye fishermen, but crappie was always a whole different ballgame.

Edit: Say, isn't Isom just a few miles from Carr Creek? I'd say you know what you're talking about, since you've probably fished there every year for ages. Wish I lived that close to a lake. :P

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I live close to the lake. I lived close to the lake all of my life.One of my best trips there last year I had 26 that weighed 22lbs.I caught 2 that I mounted last spring. When then time gets right I will get up with you and you make the trip up here and I will put you on a few slabs.... As far as walleye goes the lake is FULL of them. I have seen some that weighed 13lb !!! My best last year was 27 3/4'' and weighed 7 lb 4 oz...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey ky-slabseeker

What happen to your hair? Nice fish.

KScrappie1

Post Thanks / Like

What hair ???? I can't remember ever having any......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey ky-slabseeker

Sent you a PM.

KScrappie1

Post Thanks / Like

Heard that on getting up with me. I'd enjoy fishing Carr Creek, would be my first time, but I'm sure you know just where to go.

Wow, what a huge one! That's a walleye, right? I've never caught one of those, but I've seen pictures, and that's probably the biggest I've seen.

Have you ever thrown out any structure over in Carr? I was reading a column the other day about this guy down in Tennessee who puts out like 300 logs a year in his two favorite lakes. Making your own secret honey holes, ya know?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattcombs
    Wish I lived that close to a lake. :P
    Well, after looking at some maps, I'm only about 40 minutes from Buckhorn, so I'll probably be going there a lot this year (if I do well, anyway). slabseeker, you ever been to Buckhorn?

And, as far as Carr Creek goes, I'm not THAT far away. Probably around an hour away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast