Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't know what I'm doing wrong!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't know what I'm doing wrong!!!!!!!!

Been watching the post and taking notes about LOZ, but I just can't seem to catch a limit of fish the way everyone else is. Fished with a buddy from 9 am to 4 pm today and managed only 10 keepers between the two of us.

I'm not a quitter though I will right back out there next weekend as long as something on the honey do list doesn't come up. If anyone has some advice to help me out I would appreciate it.
    "They call me The Crappie Menace."

Post Thanks / Like

only fished LOZ couple times, but that lake like any lake can be a bummer to figure out, just keep doing what your doing, but one thing I have learned fishing in the cool mounts is fish are more shallow in the am and a little deeper in the afternoon, we been finding fish in 11ft.of water or less, some on brush some just scattered out on the flats next to a creek channel. I just been trolling arround looking for balls of shad, find the bait and the eaters will be close, seems like the crappie will move in and out of deep water so if they are not deep look shallow, I have and often caught them up in 2 ft. of water casting to the bank, they would be right on the grass looking for the snails,worms,and small shad, you can watch the grass wiggle and pitch a jig and bam, so keep looking and reading.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like some great tips from Beagle. Seems to be the same down here in Ga. too. Dont be afraid of going all the way to the backs of the creeks. If the bait is there the fish arent far away.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Never fished LOZ, but just be glad you aren't fishing on Table Rock I've been chasing them down here for close to a year and still haven't caught a limit:o
    The folks on here have been a big help, so hang in there and put their advice to use and you will get them figured out
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

What part of the lake are you fishin?when i know that i'll probably have a suggestion or two,could be it was just a bad day that happens.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Just gotta keep putting time on the water..no one catches limits every time..ya just read about when we do..with all the members someone will have a report of a limit every day,so it just looks like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advise fellows. That could be what I have been doing wrong as far as water depth goes.

Bugman I have been fishing the Gravois arm and staying in that 10 to 14 fow range all day. I haven't really been passed Indian Creek though.
    "They call me The Crappie Menace."

Post Thanks / Like

Well Dabe, I was down at LOZ yesterday (put in at Cauffman Access) and came home with 8. Took the baby to grandma's house and finally brought mama with me to the lake. She's been watching the boys and I snag limits every time we've been down over the last month. Well guess what, we got smited. The wind was blowing 80 mph it seemed like to me and that was frustrating. Took her to ALL my spots except the ones that can't be fished in the wind, cuz I don't think she wanted to swim when the boat got bashed on the rocks. I could see fish on my graph, til the wind blew me up on shore while I was tying on for her and got my transducer smashed. Thats another dollar figure to add to the price per pound of Crappie. I talked to some locals down there and they weren't doing too hot either. Guess it was just a bad day. Couldn't even pull em off the "hot"docks I fish. Don't give up hope, they ARE in there just waiting to get turned into taco's!!!:D
    Proof is in the pictures. Top is nine and bottom is Slabbenstein!

Post Thanks / Like

Just keep pounding docks up there and at the end of the day you'll have a box full when the fish decide to cooperate,those gravois fish can be darned tempremental but when it gets good and that shouldn't be much longer it gets real good with good numbers of pound plus black fish.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Well the first thing you are doing wrong is taking me....the world's worst crappie fisherman. Second thing you are doing wrong is asking me what you think we should try next when we are not catching fish. Third thing you are doing wrong is letting me help clean fish.....or as it turned out, throw back the largest fish from on top of the cleaning table.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast