Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lake stamford

Post Thanks / Like

Default lake stamford

i'm new here, but just thought i would relay some imfo. on lake stamford. i have had a place down there for about 25 years. the lake is full. they have plans on rebuilding the stores by spring. bring bait or catch your own till then because of the flood. see ya there.
    SEE YA LAKE-BUM

Central Tx. West of Brownwood in the sticks
    Post Thanks / Like

You must be at the ancor. we came down a few weeks back. Glad they are going to reopen the store. do they still have the rv hookups available and who do we contact to get a slot.
    have a good`un heycods

Post Thanks / Like

i havent been down in a month or two but bennie ran the store and he will be back when they reopen. they still have the rv hookups. ask anyone there they all know him. if you know the lake it is a good place to fish.
    SEE YA LAKE-BUM

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I dont know the lake I always have a hard time on stamford, but its a central point for my bil and I to meet. Used to meet at possum Kingdom till alge took it. We were talking about trying allan henery, but I have been getting good reports from stamford.
    have a good`un heycods

Post Thanks / Like

the crappie move pretty often there. it is a good catfish lake if you have the time to stay a while. i have never had much luck night fishing for crappie there except in the spring or fall.
    SEE YA LAKE-BUM

Post Thanks / Like

lake-bum and heycods
    Was at Stamford today, I closed the two temporary landfills for the flood victims. I was with Mark from the City, he said they are catching some really good crappie in the Stamford Marina crappie house very early in the mornings.
    Saw Bennie as he is working for Haskell County now, they still do not know if they will open the store in the future. If they do, they will move it up the hill and away from the water, but it is iffy at best. If in doubt on the RV hookups, you could contact Kenny Thompson the Haskell County Commissioner that oversees that Anchor Park area. A few fish being caught at the bridge, but not as good as several weeks ago when it was colder. Best spot is the North east corner of the bridge if you go.
    Regards,
    Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

good to get some news from the lake. there is not too many places to get up to date news anymore. i havent been able to get down there in a while so any good news is welcome.
    SEE YA LAKE-BUM

Post Thanks / Like

Dab are the rv hookups on the stamford side up and going?
    have a good`un heycods

Post Thanks / Like

heycods
    Stamford Marina RV hookups are up and running.
    Regards,
    Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

thanks dab i have stayed there in the past with the lake full It will do fine. are they selling bait on stamford side.
    have a good`un heycods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast