Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Color recipes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Color recipes

Would like to see some of Your colors and the recipe it takes to get it. Thanks.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

thats really a good question. The only bad part is, I never write stuff down like I should. I just experiment. I need to do a better job cause some colors i liked and did not know how to repeat them.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

we never keep a formula for mixing anything it would make you sick if you seen some of the stuff that I've mixed up. Maybe that's why I don't write them down. They look so bad you don't want them.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

you know snake, we really make some nice colors not to have a formula. I just hope nobody asks me for a repeat of a certain color, I will be in trouble

Post Thanks / Like

I have a small 2 ring binder that holds 3x5 index cards I write all my formulas based on drops and use of the small measure spoons for glitter.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73 View Post
    I have a small 2 ring binder that holds 3x5 index cards I write all my formulas based on drops and use of the small measure spoons for glitter.
    good deal on that for sure. I never thought about using index cards to write down my mixtures and I do like the fact of using a small measuring spoon for glitter it is very hard to keep track of some of the stuff because one drop of coloring can make a big difference in what comes out.sometimes I go to bear baits in read some of the forms that they have on mixing up plastic colors . They do have some good recipes you get a chance drop in and check them out . Also tackle underground have some interesting stuff on their.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    you know snake, we really make some nice colors not to have a formula. I just hope nobody asks me for a repeat of a certain color, I will be in trouble
    okay would is that recipe. We all are dying to find out what it is. So you better think real hard .

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I had the measuring spoons for glitter but got rid of them. I just put in whatever I think is enough. It works for me. I have thought about many ways to do formulas, like index cards and several other ways. If I did this for a business I would probably use one of those ways. However I just do it for a hobby, so therefore I do not keep track of it. Now if I make a color that I catch tons of fish on and want more of, that might be when I wished I wrote it all down

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    I had the measuring spoons for glitter but got rid of them. I just put in whatever I think is enough. It works for me. I have thought about many ways to do formulas, like index cards and several other ways. If I did this for a business I would probably use one of those ways. However I just do it for a hobby, so therefore I do not keep track of it. Now if I make a color that I catch tons of fish on and want more of, that might be when I wished I wrote it all down
    I guess I should use index cards but I don't it would definitely help me keep track of the color tones .

www.bobsjigs.com

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Using them sure makes sense to me Bob
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast