For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a cool video. Wow what a pole.
    Get Da Net! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not, once upon a time I was into this WHEN I HAD TIME. I never did go so far as a 40'ftr. but I do have 2 20 ftrs. You fish with 1 or 2 lb test line, hooks that have NO EYES and have to be tied a special way,sinkers or as they call them shots, from the size of a top of a stick pen (TINY) to the size of a pencil eraser. One of the slickest hook removers I have ever seen and floats that will sink with the weight of a dragon fly if they lite on the top of them. You have to be REALLY into it to fish this way BUT you can go to lakes that are FISHED TO DEATH and catch PLENTY of fish when no one else can. IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILS...Once it's rigged up you can drop your line in the water with the SLIGHTEST RIFFLE and with the small line you can really catch them. The show in the clip was shot in Ky. and I remember it from Ky Afield. It is a DIFFERENT way to fish for sure but just imagine a POUNDER GILL on the end of a 20 ft. rod with 2lb. test...IT TAKES SOME SKILLS TO SAY THE LEAST....LOL...BUT IT IS A BLAST!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    Check this one out, LOL!

Skip
    YouTube - 40ft Fishing Pole
    That's me in the video. I did that for a "Kentucky Afield" segment. It originally aired back in 2006.

We filmed at the DNR headquarters in Frankfort. I had never fished that pond before and hoped to catch some of the bigger catfish in the pond. Unfortunately, I couldn't get them to hit. Later in the day, I did manage to catch several cats in the 2# range.

My biggest fish on the pole was a carp in the 15# range.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrouseFly View Post
    Believe it or not, once upon a time I was into this WHEN I HAD TIME. I never did go so far as a 40'ftr. but I do have 2 20 ftrs. You fish with 1 or 2 lb test line, hooks that have NO EYES and have to be tied a special way,sinkers or as they call them shots, from the size of a top of a stick pen (TINY) to the size of a pencil eraser. One of the slickest hook removers I have ever seen and floats that will sink with the weight of a dragon fly if they lite on the top of them. You have to be REALLY into it to fish this way BUT you can go to lakes that are FISHED TO DEATH and catch PLENTY of fish when no one else can. IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILS...Once it's rigged up you can drop your line in the water with the SLIGHTEST RIFFLE and with the small line you can really catch them. The show in the clip was shot in Ky. and I remember it from Ky Afield. It is a DIFFERENT way to fish for sure but just imagine a POUNDER GILL on the end of a 20 ft. rod with 2lb. test...IT TAKES SOME SKILLS TO SAY THE LEAST....LOL...BUT IT IS A BLAST!!!!!!!
    Interesting that you have heard of and actually used some of these methods. BTW, the "hooks with no eyes" are called "spade end" hooks. You have to snell them. I have a bunch of them but generally just used eyed hooks. That's mostly because I'm lazy. :D

Quote Originally Posted by GrouseFly View Post
    ...floats that will sink with the weight of a dragon fly if they lite on the top of them.
    That's no exaggeration! I've got a bunch of these floats. The sensitivity is incredible.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used these methods quite of bit 8 or 9 years ago, i was living in northerm Wisconsin at the time and the majority of the lakes you could see down 12 to 15 ft of water. if you would cruise the deep weedline you would see big bluegil and crappie, but they would spook easily. I went to a sports show in Minneapolis one spring and met Mick Thill there. When i left i had a 12 ft international match rod slingshot and floats etc,etc. I used a waggler float and would shot the line for a slow pendulum fall with a no. 12 black knat flie with a maggot on it. With the long rod you colud cast a amazing distance, 2# line and work the weedline. Caught an amazing bunch of fish with that method. Granite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    That's me in the video. I did that for a "Kentucky Afield" segment. It originally aired back in 2006.

We filmed at the DNR headquarters in Frankfort. I had never fished that pond before and hoped to catch some of the bigger catfish in the pond. Unfortunately, I couldn't get them to hit. Later in the day, I did manage to catch several cats in the 2# range.

My biggest fish on the pole was a carp in the 15# range.

:D:D Never would have put yourself with your username
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman_Wantabe View Post
    :D:D Never would have put yourself with your username
    Ha!!! Exactly my thoughts but mine is for a diff. reason. db4d is the man though, he's helped me many a times.
    Cool video, but I doubt I could be that patient.

Adam

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use 20 ft BnM Pro Staff poles every time I go on the water. I use baitcasters with thumb bars to let out line when fishing only 12ft deep to land a fish. I cannot imagine a 48 ft BnM Pro Staff.

Monk Monk's Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Micropterus salmoides View Post
    Ha!!! Exactly my thoughts but mine is for a diff. reason. db4d is the man though, he's helped me many a times.
    Cool video, but I doubt I could be that patient.

Adam
    What would that be
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast