Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new lake

flatheadboy2002 Guest

Default new lake

this sunday i will be fishing a new lake that nobody ever fishes except for ice fishing because you simply cannot get to it there is no boat ramp or nething and only about 3 spots to fish from the bank i will be carrying my boat down this huge hill to get to it the lake is only at the max maybe 6 feet deep but mainly 4 feet deep recently they knocked down about 200 trees and left the tops of them lay in the water i will be using my 8 foot crappie pole and jigging in the trees and there is also dead lilly pad stems all over the place i will be drifting around those with slide bobbers and minnows any other tips would be appreciated thnx the lake is only about 20 acres big there are some monsters in the lake during ice fishing 16+ inchers have been taken with real 20 plus inchers able to get caught any help would be appreciated thnz alot i love this board

Post Thanks / Like

where is this lake at?

Post Thanks / Like

WOW....20 acres...full of wood....16 inchers....no fishermen. Are you sure you didnt dream this and maybe you havent woke up yet???

Post Thanks / Like

thats kinda what i was thinking. if you ever need a ride to the lake give me a call

Post Thanks / Like

come on flathead......at least tell us what PART of the state your lake is in. Southern, Central, Northern?

flatheadboy2002 Guest

this lake is in sterling illinois its in northern illinois if anybody wants to come up here give me ring and ill be happy to take you out on it

Post Thanks / Like

yikes....that figures...Sterling is about 275 miles from here. Hey its gotta be COLD up there right now....dont you still have ice???

Post Thanks / Like

i grew up 15 min from there. you got a name for that lake. im from lost nation. just got out of the army and now live in st louis , but i come up there once a month to see mom and dad. hit me up on email we can talk about some lakes up there. i have a nice place to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Where is this lake? I live in Morrison, IL and I've never heard of a 20 acre lake like this. Was it an old quarry?
    jbird68
    Morrison, IL
    NAFC Life Member

flatheadboy2002 Guest

this lake is a sub-branch off the river its called sinnissippi lake its hard to get out to but trust me there are monsters in there i live about a mile from it in sterling anybody want to go let me know and we will hit it