Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In loving memory of my DAD ... the GREATEST fishing partner I've EVER KNOWN!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default In loving memory of my DAD ... the GREATEST fishing partner I've EVER KNOWN!!!!

For those who have not shared their love for fishing with a child, I encourage you to do so!!! Not only has my Dad taught me how to fish ( since I was 5 yrs old), but also taught many more things in life!!!

I took this picture IN 1999, as his friend (on the left) passed few years ago and my Dad (right) passed 10/14/10.

LOVE YOU DAD!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss. Just lost my Father-in-Law a month ago.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabbandit View Post
    So sorry for your loss. Just lost my Father-in-Law a month ago.
    Thanks slabbandit. Difficult to deal with. Mom passed in 2004 and still dealing with it. Dad passed couple weeks ago and not only hurting but in a bit of disbelief. The stress of everyday living is nothing compared to losing a loved one!

Post Thanks / Like

FMB357 I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad seven years ago and he was my fishing partner also. I know how you feel and it is very hard to deal with. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Flip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flip View Post
    FMB357 I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad seven years ago and he was my fishing partner also. I know how you feel and it is very hard to deal with. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Flip
    Flip.... Appreciate it very much!

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear, it is hard
    Prayers for you and family
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob # 1 View Post
    Sorry to hear, it is hard
    Prayers for you and family
    Bob,

Very hard indeed!!! Thanks for all the prayers

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry for Your loss. I work with My Dad. see him everyday and fish with him too. When His time comes, I will probably lose My mind. I fear the kind of pain You must be going through and know That time will blunt the pain but it will be a long, long time. You are in My thoughts and Prayers. Take it a day at the time and take care.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefarmer View Post
    I am sorry for Your loss. I work with My Dad. see him everyday and fish with him too. When His time comes, I will probably lose My mind. I fear the kind of pain You must be going through and know That time will blunt the pain but it will be a long, long time. You are in My thoughts and Prayers. Take it a day at the time and take care.CF
    Thanks crappiefarmer! No truer words have been spoken! Nothing can replace his presence.... Nothing can replace the sound of his voice! It's a void that is bottomless. Empty feeling.

I notice you're from/in N.C. My Dad is from NC (Kannapolis) ... I don't know how far or where Edenton is. I plan to visit NC next year (as my Dad did once a month or so - visiting his Sisters and Brother & family).

Post Thanks / Like

Well, forecast for tomorrow is expected to be nice. So I'm going to give it a go and try to catch some fish. Packing my vehicle is already breaking me down in tears!!!! This is going to be tough ... especially since Dad is no longer here!!! Gotta do it! whispering the Serenity Prayer ... while crying

Hope to have pictures for ya!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast