Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fenwick hmx rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default fenwick hmx rods

anyone use them? are their actions (ml=ml, etc) the same as the st. croix premiers?

thanks, rap

Post Thanks / Like

In my youth Fenwick was the only brand I used. In the day when they were REALLY Fenwick. Back then they were basically what St Croix is now. Not sure what happened to them, but they really dropped the ball and had by 3 country miles the worst customer service of not just rods but any company I have ever dealt with and I swore never to buy another and I haven't. When I look at the rod landscape i don't even consider them. I put them in the same category as Browning rods. Not even on the radar.

I just went to check out the HMX. They are IM7 rods. I have never really liked IM7, so right there they would be out in my book. You can get better IM7's from Cabelas BPS and Gander for less.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 10-27-2010 at 09:30 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

They are close to the St. Croix's, they use the Aramid viel blanks.....I agree with Grizz, way over rated and priced.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ View Post
    In my youth Fenwick was the only brand I used. In the day when they were REALLY Fenwick. Back then they were basically what St Croix is now. Not sure what happened to them, but they really dropped the ball and had by 3 country miles the worst customer service of not just rods but any company I have ever dealt with and I swore never to buy another and I haven't. When I look at the rod landscape i don't even consider them. I put them in the same category as Browning rods. Not even on the radar.

I just went to check out the HMX. They are IM7 rods. I have never really liked IM7, so right there they would be out in my book. You can get better IM7's from Cabelas BPS and Gander for less.
    I have a 10'6" Browning 6 Rivers Steel Head rod I crappie fish with and, Browning Citori reel on it. Both have served me well. Not sure what your beef is with Browning?
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.