Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: single stake beds

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default single stake beds

Tired of buying concrete and hunting buckets.The lake I fish is mostly shallow. I'm trying a new twist on bamboo and stakes. I got a piece of pipe and put a stop in it up about 1 foot. Insert bamboo and use it to push them into the lake bottom. The stake stays in pipe as I hold pipe as stake wants to float. These lengths are cut depth of water or shorter so after pushing in the bottom will not show. These should be great for casting jigs into. Not much to hang on as hooks bounce off bamboo stakes. I'm putting 30 or so at 1' spaces in an area several foot square.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I like that idea Nimrod. I've got access to a private lake that is also shallow most of the year. 80 acres. Lots of cypress along the banks but nothing out away from them. Been thinking of ways to provide habitat that wouldn't be high and dry most of the time and not obvious to others. It is private, there are 8 of us in the lease but some of the old locals still slip in and fish it some. Which is fine,but they don't necessarily need to know where my structure is. I will try your idea, and please let me know how you do on yours.

3GD

Post Thanks / Like

I met a guy at Barkley last winter that has about what you got. He used a piece of 3" PVC about 3' long and on the end he had a 1/4" plate.Then he glued a 3 to 2" reducer coupling on it then a female coupling. The next piece was a 2" male coupling and a 5' piece of 2" pvc. He had two sections of handle extensions that let him use his fence post driver in 10 to 12 ' of water. He told me he used 6' oak stakes usually about a hundred for each bed he put out. This was a great idea but I elected to use PVC and premake them and just sink them. Of course he was in deeper water than what you are doing . Just wanted to give you an idea if you want to go deeper.