Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling plate question?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling plate question?

What do you all have mounted on your outboards to slow you down for trolling. I see that cabelas sells a plate that bolts on to motor and moves out of the way as you speed up.
    Fish like your hungry!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a Troll-a-Matic........It is automatic.....most of the others you have to pull a cable to engage or disingage them. The Troll-a-Matic allows my 115 Yamaha fourstroke to troll as slow as 1.5 mph Cabellas has the Troll- a- Matic but it is not in their catalog but you can go on line to Cabelas then type in Troll-a-Matic trolling plate in their search box and you can bring it up. What is good about it is....you don't have to remember to pull the cable before you take off fast....failure to do so you will tear your trolling plate up. You can also get them here...... http://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/trol-a-matic-1.html
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Cabelas is 20.00 more than Franks. Thanks G3 Do you think it will work on a 75hp 2 stroke? now I can get to 2.2 without anything. I want to try and pull cranks next year

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The ideal crank pulling speed is 1.6 to 1.8.........2.2 max. I usually just set my speed at 1.8..... and then if i am not geting any hits I will speed up just a little. Sure It will work on your motor. Another nice thing about the trolling plate is.....when your not trolling it acts like a stabilizer and will help you get on plane easier and just gives you a little more control.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Cabelas is 20.00 more than Franks. Thanks G3 Do you think it will work on a 75hp 2 stroke? now I can get to 2.2 without anything. I want to try and pull cranks next year
    Where is Franks?
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dongotto View Post
    Where is Franks?
    http://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/trol-a-matic-1.html For more information call 989.697.5341

Frank's Great Outdoors
    1212 N. Huron Rd. (M-13)
    Linwood, MI 48634
    PICO Lures Field Rep