Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bass pro clearancing Wally Marshall crappie poles?

Post Thanks / Like

Default bass pro clearancing Wally Marshall crappie poles?

my local shop has the signature series rods on clearance, has anybody else seen this at a bass pro store elsewhere?
    Normally means the rod is gonna change. Just curious to see before i stock up on whats left.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that some of the newer WM rods have had problems with tips breaking. They may just be getting rid of the bad ones. I would stick with B&M rods.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    ScottV's Custom Crappie Cranks
    Crankbait Pushing Weights

Post Thanks / Like

I have 8 wm rods all bought in the last year and have had no troubles. The BP in sprigfield has them on sale also.
    Fish like your hungry!

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Wally Mashall Signature Series and the Tightline Specials along with many other WM products are on "clearance" in the stores and on line; however, when I ordered some for my store, I was told the Tightline Specials were out of stock. I did receive the Signature Series. Tightline Specials will not be available to me until some time in December.

I am not sure why a they would close them out with no backup stock.

Monk Monk's Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

They've been on sale at our BPS for 3 weeks now and there aren't many left on the shelves.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a couple Tightline special 16 footers at BPS in Pearl, MS since they were on sale. The guy behind the counter told me all Wally Marshall rods, tackle, and baits would be on sale soon. He said they were changing the name from Wally Marshall to something else. That was why they were on sale. Not sure if that is true... Just passing along what I was told.

DoubleG

Post Thanks / Like

They have been on sale here for a month or two, only a couple left. The slider rods are going for about 20 bucks.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleGobble00 View Post
    I bought a couple Tightline special 16 footers at BPS in Pearl, MS since they were on sale. The guy behind the counter told me all Wally Marshall rods, tackle, and baits would be on sale soon. He said they were changing the name from Wally Marshall to something else. That was why they were on sale. Not sure if that is true... Just passing along what I was told.

DoubleG
    DoubleG This could be the reason for the changing of the name. They maybe removing the Mr. Crappie name??? Not sure! Maybe Wally will stop in and let us know whats up. Click link>>> 'Mr. Crappie' sues man he says took his moniker » Local News » Tahlequah Daily Press

BamaMan

Post Thanks / Like

I heard a rumor that Wally Marshall was being replaced by Capps & Coleman. That's a jacked up story, if Lawrence is telling the truth!

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    I heard a rumor that Wally Marshall was being replaced by Capps & Coleman. That's a jacked up story, if Lawrence is telling the truth!
    Maybe that's the reason for BnM Pro Staff poles showing up for sale in the Bass Pro Stores. The Concord, NC store has the Pro Staffs.

Monk Monk's Crappie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast