Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okuma Pro 15 Reel Reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Default Okuma Pro 15 Reel Reviews

I am thinking about buying some Okuma reels to start pulling crankbaits and I was wondering what you fellas thought about the Okuma reels. Are they good quality or should I be considering a different brand of line counter reel? I would like to hear all of the pros and cons so I can decide.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some of the 15DX and I am very pleased with them. A friend has some also along with some of the 20DX which he likes a little better. Only thing I can think of is don't overfill the spool as the line might get caught and go between the spool and the housing, then it's take it apart time, not bad though..
    Got them here
    http://www.northwoodsoutlet.com/osco...h=4_38_130_444
    **** Click my Logo for products and ordering info****

Post Thanks / Like

I have Okuma's, and have used the more expensive Daiwa's. Stick with the Okuma's. Can't beat them for the money.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Best linecounter out there for the money.........24.95 each at Northwoods....can't beat that anywhere. I have 6 of them now and really like them. http://www.northwoodsoutlet.com/osco...oducts_id=4098
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I own three of them and i like them real well. go for it

Post Thanks / Like

own 8 no problems so far

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input guys. It looks like I will be ordering some soon. Also, thanks for the link to the place for the best price. That is why I am starting to really like this website. Everyone is trying to help each other.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some Okuma 15DXs....and have had the same issue mentioned above with line slipping behind the spool. Pain in the rear, but manageable, especially for the price of the reel. If money were no object, I'd go for the Diawa LCs. The Diawa is a better reel and has a smaller profile and just feels more solid in your hand. Once you feel them, you'll see what I mean. I have no doubt that the Diawa will last longer than the Okumas. Then again, they dang well ought to at $55ish a pop compared to $25. Okumas are fine though.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 4 of the Okuma 15DX's. They are very good reels for the money. You just need to watch your counter to make sure it's working right.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    ScottV's Custom Crappie Cranks
    Crankbait Pushing Weights

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    I have some Okuma 15DXs....and have had the same issue mentioned above with line slipping behind the spool. Pain in the rear, but manageable, especially for the price of the reel. If money were no object, I'd go for the Diawa LCs. The Diawa is a better reel and has a smaller profile and just feels more solid in your hand. Once you feel them, you'll see what I mean. I have no doubt that the Diawa will last longer than the Okumas. Then again, they dang well ought to at $55ish a pop compared to $25. Okumas are fine though.

Wannabe...
    I have used the Daiwa's and they have the same problem with line slipping between the spool.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast