Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 20 gage shots needed

Post Thanks / Like

Smile 20 gage shots needed

Morning all
    Well My 14 year old grandson and his mom finished up hunter's safety last Sunday in Garnet..Sound like s super course they went to. They got to shoot 5-6 guns / bow / shown how to handle different hunts / etc -- all in the field.
    This class had 80 in it..They run classes thru out the year..Had over 200 finish hunter's safety last year.
    Well they pick the top 15 that took the course and take them on a all expense paid pheasant hunt..I think it is on a private preserve as it is this Sunday.
    You got it – My grandson (14) and his mom were picked..Man are they excised..I can go along and take pic's
    So Grandpa Santa here needs to get 2- 20gage shot gun for them for Christmas.
    I don’t have lots of $$ but if you guys run across a good deal on new or good used 20gage,:D
    Please let me know.
    Thanks.
    Rick
    Also need to find a place to take the rabbit and Squirrel hunting after Christmas.

""May the Force be with US""
    Take a kid fishing--even a old kid

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure you'll find too many of them used, mainly because people hang on to them. I would recommend getting a new youth model remington 870. My dad bought me one of these when I was 12. I eventually outgrew the gun after a couple years so he put a full size stock on it for me. Almost 20 years later I still use it for quail and doves, and even shoot a few ducks with it, and I still love that little gun. I really don't think you can go wrong with one of these. They're pretty cheap too.....

And for rabbit and squirrel you dont need to go far. The wildlife areas around here such as hillsdale, clinton, and lacygne are good bets.
    Last edited by cbass12; 10-26-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rick, glad to hear that your grandson and his mom are getting to go, i'm sure they will have a blast. Wish I could help out on the gun situtation all mine are 12g's and my wifes youth 20g, which is a rem 870. Hope you find one soon.

-ps. the GPS is working out great.

Evins74s

Post Thanks / Like

I second the 870 youth modle 20 gage - I picked mine up for $180.00 or so. Heck, I take the gun out. Light weight, not to bad on the recoil. My wife was the intended recepient and she has killed a couple dove and is like heck on the kill deer... oops My 9 year old will start hunting with it soon.

Seth

Post Thanks / Like

I looked and shot the 870..Great gun.
    The Normal retail on 870 is about $308 right now.. The do have some rebates / discounts right now.
    I got the -2- Rossi single shot with the 22cal / 20gage / 243 cal...in the full sized gun. Cabelas had them on sale.
    It's a good Safe starter gun they can hunt just about anything.
    Thanks Guys...

I went to Greely with my Daughter and grandson yesterday to the Advance hunter safety / pheasant hunt to watch / take pics.
    There were about 20 students (you had to have you hunter’s safety card to be in this class).
    There were about 60 volunteers / certified instructors there.
    The students go from station to station learning and doing rifle shooting, shotgun shooting,
    Black powder shooting, archery, more and a pheasant hunt.
    The pheasant hunt was great – had some super dogs to work with. My daughter shot 2 and grandson shot one pheasant. They were taught and had to clean pheasant. And we had pheasant for lunch.
    Super Great day for all.
    Take a kid fishing--even a old kid