Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: b n m sharpshooter rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default b n m sharpshooter rods

Do any of you use these? I have several b n m rods that are 7' to 12' in length but was wondering about these. I like a stiffer ultra light rod for casting and counting down over brushpiles. I have a bass pro rod I really like and a fenwick that is to soft. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

they're for shooting docks, you can bend the tip back to the pole, but they're stiffer than some, the stiffest I've played with are the ESP's, Noreseman ESP Series, a little pricey for me though.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep....thats what they are designed for...shooting docks.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Keller ....

Quote Originally Posted by mkeller View Post
    Do any of you use these? I have several b n m rods that are 7' to 12' in length but was wondering about these. I like a stiffer ultra light rod for casting and counting down over brushpiles. I have a bass pro rod I really like and a fenwick that is to soft. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
    I've never "used" one, but I did handle one that a friend had. Action was too soft for my taste. I'm currently using a 5' ESP rod, for dock shooting .... and a 6'6" Power Lite ESP rod for jig casting & dock shooting. They're more "fast action" rods, bending at the top 1/3 of the rod ... where the BnM Dockshooter rod bends more evenly over the length of the rod (slow/soft action).

Like you, I prefer a stiffer rod for casting jigs ... which is why I've switched over to using my 6'6" Power Lite ESP rod, rather than my 7' Sam Heaton Sig Series (BnM) rod (which used to be my primary jig casting rod).

.. cp

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought one a while back and found it a bit heavy in the midsection(weight wise) and not comfortable to cast and flick cast like I do so much. They're great for shooting docks and control the fish well when fighting. All my tackle multitasks and a friend likes them and was looking for one, so I saved him a trip. I gave $20 for this one and found it worth the money. Like you, I have several other BnM poles and like them all.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replys, I have tried several short ultra lite rods from cheap to expensive. I have not found any that I like or that suit my fishing style better than the bass pro 5' micro lite. I love tennessee handle rods which this has, and it is the older model that is maroon and is one piece. It is pretty stiff and you really feel everything from limbs to the lightest bite. I would love to find another one just like it, but bass pro has redone this model and now has some sort of carbon tip section. I havent seen or felt one to know if it has the same feel and action.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 Shakespeare 5' rods that are light and also, no longer in production. I would buy several more if I could find them. Good backbone and construction. Maybe I'll get lucky someday.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I see you didn't ask about the sharpshooter as a dock shooting rod. I have two of the 5.5 models that are the first rods i pick up every trip. They're great for casting 1/8 oz jigs in any depth water. I use mine to tightline over deep brush and catch most of my fish with it. I really enjoy every thing about it. Tough and sensitive. I can feel every thump or tick with it, very well. If you prefer a Tn handle, this is the short rod i'd recommend for you. There's a lot of good choices out there but after using numerous brands, this is the one I prefer.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two 6 ft lamiglass lite action blanks that i put tennesee handles on. One is for small jigging spoons and the other for dock shooting. Ilike the quickness of the grafite for dock shooting,8lb power pro and a weedless tube,easy to put 10 to 20 feet undert a dock. Granite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mkeller View Post
    Thanks for the replys, I have tried several short ultra lite rods from cheap to expensive. I have not found any that I like or that suit my fishing style better than the bass pro 5' micro lite. I love tennessee handle rods which this has, and it is the older model that is maroon and is one piece. It is pretty stiff and you really feel everything from limbs to the lightest bite. I would love to find another one just like it, but bass pro has redone this model and now has some sort of carbon tip section. I havent seen or felt one to know if it has the same feel and action.
    I have never used the old ones, but the new rods are great rods. I have a couple I use for different things, and for the price you can't beat them. I have a 5'6" for shooting docks, and a 7' for redear fishing, I've had them both for 3 years now and will replace them with the same rod when the time comes.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast