Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wandering if I should fish on tuesday at LOZ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wandering if I should fish on tuesday at LOZ

I am wandering sone opinions. Will the bite be good enough to fight the wind on Tuesday at LoZ? There is supposed to be 20 mile an hour wind and isn't worth it to fight it?

Post Thanks / Like

I avoid LOZ with 20 mph winds, usually have trouble holding fishing boats over brush with that much wind. Cannot see line move or feel the bite in that much wind. Plus it can be a problem loading and unloading at ramps if they face the wind. Go luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I try to stay off the water in these type of winds myself. I wouldn't worry about feeling the bite tho when it comes to those blacks. They hit hard.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

In the wind saturday on truman we went to 2 1/8 oz or 1 1/4 oz. no problem feeling the hits, and we had 25 to 35 mph winds saturday..... good luck, we caught over 60 good keepers in the wind, seems like the fish like it much better than we do......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    In the wind saturday on truman we went to 2 1/8 oz or 1 1/4 oz. no problem feeling the hits, and we had 25 to 35 mph winds saturday..... good luck, we caught over 60 good keepers in the wind, seems like the fish like it much better than we do......
    you would be an expert on being "windy" for sure :D course you kicked out butt saturday so can't say too much i'd not hesitate in 20 mph, just depends on how much you want to fight the troller

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about you Kaz, but I am still rocking.........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I would go for it, I had good success on Saturday, and it was fairly windy. I would let you know that once you got out of the coves and on to the main lake there were some decent sized rollers. You should be able to find a spot to fish that would be out of the wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuckCreekMike View Post
    I would go for it, I had good success on Saturday, and it was fairly windy. I would let you know that once you got out of the coves and on to the main lake there were some decent sized rollers. You should be able to find a spot to fish that would be out of the wind.
    The fact that LOZ snakes around so much in it's layout, there's usually a few fishworthy coves that will be somewhat out of the wind. Stay in an arm -- as opposed to the main lake -- and hit those less-windy coves, I say. Plus, there will be few big boats out during the week to add to the wind-driven rollers.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Go for it,i've fished the last 2 days with wind as bad or worse and limited both days,these fronts have slowed the big fish bite down some but the bite is still good enough to fight the wind.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

We went out again this mornin and fought some brutal winds (30mph+) but it was well worth it,did you go today?
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast