Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ? about fillet knives

Post Thanks / Like

Default ? about fillet knives

I bought one of those 19.99 american angler fillet knives.Well it didnt last long so iI wanted to know what everyone else uses and has good luck with.I have been using a eletric turkey carving knife for years well its not exatly water proff, sometimes you can get a charge out of it you know what I mean.I been looking at the mister twister.Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

i've had my rapala for quite awhile, maybe four or five years, and its cleaned lots of fish with no problem.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the American Angler Wal-Mart specials you mentioned and it has been cutting a long-long time. I like it better than my more expensive "saws" because the blade flex seems perfect to me.

I keep the blades touched up with a chainsaw file every so often and I've even learned to de-rib with it and not looose a sliver of meat.

What happened to yours that it quite working ? Just curious.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

yea, What happened to it? I got one for Christmas and have not used it. Hope yours was an exception rather than the norm!

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Well it just quit working.I really dont know

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Mister Twister elec knife, and been using it for years without any problems.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the HAMILTON BEACH Roast Beef Electric Knife from Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the Black & decker from wally world,For years,It has cleaned alot of fish & I mean alot,hehe.Bought me another one the other day,I think I paid $9.97,for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Rapala and it has been carving for several years now.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Crappie Fisher:

I use the American Angler Fillet Knives from Walmart and can usually clean between 2,000 and 3,000 fish with one BUT they have had some problems with their blades.

If it quit working I would take it back and get a replacement. Carefully check the blades in the packages before you select one. You can see them through the packaging. If the blades have round holes instead of oblong holes where they insert into the motor they are probably the bad blades. Also check to see if the tips of the serrated edge match up perfectly - if they don't it won't cut properly, which will cause overloading of the motor, which can burn it up.

I was at Academy Sports a couple weeks ago and they carry the same American Angler knives as Walmart and every one of the 8 or 10 they had on the rack were obviously defective. I’ve been in contact with the manufacturer and they are aware they have had a problem. Why in the world they didn’t recall the defective units is beyond me! They should have had their jobber in China replace all the defective blades.

Anyone that tries an electric fillet knife for the first time and happens to get a set of defective blades will become discouraged real quick and go back to a “manual” knife and report to all their friends that electric fillet knives don’t work!

Anyone that HAS used a good electric fillet knife is going to figure out real quick that something is wrong and take it back to where they got it and demand a replacement or their money back. The company could have done themselves and the public a big favor if they would have recalled all the defective blades.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast