Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sanchris Help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sanchris Help!

I'm an avid crappie fishman looking for some HELP on Sanchris! I've logged several hours on Sanchris over the last three years with hardly any luck. Hoping to head over to the lake on Friday for a day of fishing. Wondering if anyone can provide the pattern to fish this time of year? Is it shallow just off the reeds? Is it in the reeds at the backs of the coves? Points that drop off into deep water? Sumberged timber? This lake remains a real mystery to me. Minnows? Jigs? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe this will help a little. no minnows first of all, use jigs. alot of the good stuff is out of the water but don't let that scare you. alot of the good stuff out of the water will have stuff out off it in deeper water. by deeper i mean 7 to 4 foot. look for banks where it is deep real close to shore. by deep i mean 6 to 7 feet with in 10 foot of the bank. the brush in this lake is small and hard to find. it has taken me 3 years to find the 30 or 40 brush piles i know of. the best thing to do is find a spot, drop the trolling motor and put alot of hours on it. while you are looking for brush run your jig just about a foot off the bottom, you'll be suprised the size of fish you'll come across. another tatic is get out on those point that are 4.5 to 5.5 foot deep and slow troll a jig vertically. the bigger the point the less productive. another tactic in the spring i use is trolling crank baits in the mouth of coves. if you spot alot of fish in the ten foot range all in a strait line give it a try. i never fish the lilly pads because everyone and his brother fish them and there are not as many big fish. same with the dam. alot of bank fisherman hit it regularly and you can catch fish but the quality is not that good. if you want to find the brush keep your eyes open for those marker bouyes that people throw out then go back when they leave and pray you can find them. it's tuff. another thing i've found is don't set on a spot for a bunch of fish. 5 fish from one spot is good. in a days fishing i might fish 20 different spots not staying in one spot for more that 45 min and i use big jigs 3in with 1/16th once head. when you get a big one on you won't feel it hit, it will feel more like your hung or someone is pulling on your line, then hang on. i've caught alot of 13 plus inch fish on a regular basis, it's a tuff lake but maybe these tips will help. oh and if the water does start to come up fish every bit of wood you can, even if it only in a foot of water. use a 12 foot pole and drop you jig in the nasty of stuff. happy slabbing

Post Thanks / Like

I got it from a very reliable source that the crappie at Sangchris have been biting real well lately. So, I think you just need to find the right spots. I always look for ledges along old creek/river channels, especially outside bends. I slow troll these areas until I locate a school of crappie, I then drop a marker and fish them until they quit biting. So, you might want to invest in a topagraphical map of the lake and use your depthfinder to find the best areas. I have never fished Sangchris but I bet I could find some crappie.