Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reconfigure my boat into a BA fishing rig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reconfigure my boat into a BA fishing rig

I have a 2004 Monarch aluminum bass boat (17') which is a lot like some other brands I've seen...so I'm guessing this particular hull and configuration was built by a single manufacturer and sold under several other brand names.

Anyhow...Since I fish current a lot (bumping in tail races and tied/anchored with live bait out of the back) I'd like to get rid of the steering wheel, convert to a tiller steer (40 HP Mercury), remove the driver/passenger sofa, make a walkway through the middle of the back deck, and put a bait tank where the driver console currently is.

I'm guessing there's aluminum framing under the back deck which serves double duty as floor truss and the boats torsional rigidity...and this is what I foresee as the issue where a welder may come in (x bracing).

I can easily remove the driver console and driver/passenger sofa, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience/advice concerning removing the existing rear livewell, fuel tank and everything else that exists in that 2-3 foot swath down the middle the back deck.

When finished, I woud like the rear deck configuration to resemble the back 1/3 of this boat: http://www.iboats.com/sites/lowe/sit...1860closed.png

If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize.

Dave Willis is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Aluminum boat modification site! is a good place for information on aluminum boats