Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Best area of Table Rock

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best area of Table Rock

What is the very best area to catch Crappie on the Rock? I used to bass fish there every weekend in the warmer weather in the 80's. It is still my favorite lake. Used to do good on Bass in Cow Creek, Little Cow Creek, up the James River, both Indian Creeks, just about anywhere. I have never fished for Crappie there though. Would like to do some in a month or so.

Thankx

Post Thanks / Like

The areas I have done the best are Cape Fair and Eagle Rock areas. These areas have a little more stain and seem to have higher numbers of Crappies .

The clear areas of the lake are good for a couple here and a couple there.

I've only fished Piney Creek during the spring and have taken good numbers there between March 1st and May 1st.

By far the best has been up past Bridgeport North of 76 bridge. It's shallower and easier to locate schools of Crappie.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx Kit! I hope to get over there before too long. I have been to the Eagle Rock area many times. Owl Creek was my favorite in that area. Good Bass fishing. I'll will try there for Crappie too. Maybe I can catch a Walleye while I am at it. They eat as good as Crappie! There is even a good restaurant down the road to the East. Don't remember the name, but was something like Grandma's kitchen of there abouts.:D I can't miss that place if I am in the area.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default rock crappie

fish any of the points on wooly creek piney creek up by the no fishing keep out dont go in there with a motor on your boat.pineycreek wilderness area of cape fair, virgin bluff bearden cove, south of bridgeport, or peach orchard north of 76(bridge port) mouth of flat/james river no15 good in june. latter

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanx Beagle Man.
    I am quite familiar with the no motors allowed in the back of Piney. I was fishing back close to it in the early spring one year. I kept hearing someone yelling, but couldn't see anybody. After a while I finally looked way back behind the marked off line and there was a ski boat with 5 drunks in it. It was too early to be drunk, so I assumed they had been at it all night. They were trying to paddle their boat with a piece of 1x4 they had found back there. I thought to myself, this is all I need, a boat full of drunks. They couldn't get the motor started and had been back there all night I guess. I pulled them to Cape Fair and it took so long,( I just had a aluminum boat and small motor) they were pretty sober when we got there. They tried to pay me, but I said no thanks, maybe they would see me out sometime and I might need help. Anyway, back on the subject, if the Crappie in Piney are as good as the Bass, it should be real good fishing.