Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Navionics?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Navionics?

Can any one tell me if the new navionics premium hot maps are a lot better than the old navionics hot maps? I have the old ones and I am thinking of upgrading to the new premium maps. Technology is changing so fast that it's hard to keep up especially with all the $$$$$ involved. Thanks!!
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

Since you have the old one you know that they are not accurate. The new one’s have lakes that have been surveyed and are done in 1 ft. contour lines. You can go to http://www.navionics.com/HotMapsPrem...asp?RegionID=2
    The ones in red are the new High-Definition Lake Surveys… I have the new south one on order. Hope that this help....Also navionics has a $75. trade in progam for your old chip
    CVA62.....64-68

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default let u know

Navionics up in my area mapping like crazy. Saw them at Mansard Island in a big white boat. Pat Hahs (KY Hydrographics) told me the were mapping for the new Hot Spot maps. Jut to let u know...............
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default updates

Does this mean the lakes that aren't in red on the new premium maps have not been changed and are the same as the old hot maps? Thanks!!
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

I have one borrowed, the guy bought new last fall and Barkley Lake is still on 5ft. contour. I would like to have one on 1ft contour.

Post Thanks / Like

Default updates

Yeah, none of the lakes that I fish have been updated yet. There site says that they update at least once a year, but that doesn't mean the lakes I want will be updated any time soon. I guess I'll just have to wait until my lakes are ready before I buy it because if not I'll just have to turn around and trade again once mine are updated. Plus without my lakes updated, I basically have the same thing with my old hot maps?
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

I wish mine would get here quick. I'm leaveing for the stick marsh on wedsday. It only has the bad map,but it's more then I have now
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maps

You may find that maps with 1 ft contours are sometimes cluttered with contours lines. Remember.., you are not looking at a very big screen. Some of the maps are outdated. Some of my best spots are shown on land. They are old trees left from shore erosion.The road beds and such have been right on tho.
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !

Post Thanks / Like

Well my son has a new HD 1' contours and I like my old one better. We live on Toledo Bend and the 1' contours almost make it where you can not see the creeks.

My creeks have a double line for the most part and the new ones don't and that makes it harder to use IMHO.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds logical, I have a very old classics chip and does not have that many lakes on it. The accuracy is bad and the lake I fish is very deep. It runs in 20-ft. increments. I also have a trip planned to Logan Martin and it’s the same there. Now Lake Guntersville is done in 5 ft, which is nice. Guess I’ll find out shortly, I’m tired from fishing for squirrels.
    CVA62.....64-68