Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tracker Boat?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tracker Boat?

I been looking at some boats. Just need boat w/o motor etc. I like the looks and set up of the pro crappie 175. Anybody own one? Fill me in on it.

I called Union City Marine (Union City, Tn). Price $9995 with 25hp,tm, and basics. Asked what price was without eng, tm, etc. He said $9995. Now this is a real deal don't u think?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 1992 Tracker Pro 17 with a 40 hp Johnson bought used for $3500.00
    in 1997 and I really like to fish from it. The day after buying a new one you'll see a good used one.--shu
    <*(((((><

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Don't ya just love it ....

now that most boats & motors come in "package" deals, like that .... LOL!!

I know what ya crowin about, Tom. Got a Tracker dealer close by. I'd ask them about getting "just the boat" ... but figured they'd tell me the same price (with or w/o motor). Maybe you ought to ask your Union City dealer ... what it would cost with a 9.9hp on it :D That should drop the price by $950 ... and you could remove the 9.9 and sell it (I take it you have a motor you intend to put on it, already). Tell them to "just hang it on the transom" (leave it "unconnected") ... they have to sell the whole "package" deal, as that's the way Tracker is sold - and a 9.9hp is the smallest motor offered for that "package" ........ cp

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a super guide v16 tracker boat 1997.
    with a 40 hp .

Upgrade to more horse power cane at least a 40 hp
    25 will leave you wanting more power.
    Last edited by crappie joe; 02-06-2006 at 08:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom,

I bought a PC 175 with a 50 hp four stroke last September and like it. It is not very fast (32 mph @ 5800 rpm with the stock prop), but gets a little better than 10 mpg. I added rod holders for spider rigging and a depth finder up front with the transducer mounted on the trolling motor. The dual live wells are ok and the dual bait wells are great. The lower deck up front is nice as well. The only thing I have any difficulty with is getting the boat on and off the trailer by myself.

If you have any specific questions, I'll be glad to answer them for you.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

toph2o Guest

I bought one last spring. 25 hp Is all I wanted because most of the places I fish have a 25 hp limit. I like the 2 minnow wells and the2 live wells. I also went with the power trim, a must for us older guys, and the 4 stroke. I have 5 years to work then I plan on useing it every day , not just the weekends. toph2o

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought a 2000 pro 175 with a 40hp motor for $5000. It is a great boat! There are alot of good used ones out there!

Post Thanks / Like

I have had a 2005 Pro Crappie for almost a year. I love it. No complaints at all. I have a 2 stroke 50 horse on it. The bait wells are great. The lower deck is great as it provides more room than a standard bass deck, especially if I bring my dogs along with me. I haven't had any problems loading and unloading by myself. I would definately recommend it.
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Central Tx. West of Brownwood in the sticks
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a choice when I bought my sea ark, I liked the all aluminum decks and the transom with no wood on the ark and thats the way I went, I have never looked back on the deal, I also have the 50 hp 2 stroke Jonny it will fish for 3 days on a tank (18gal) of fuel. tops out at 30.5 gps on a good day rpms at 5600.
    I dont know about the new trackers but they had plywood decks a few years ago.
    have a good`un heycods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tracker Boats

I bought a boat at the B'ham boat show Sunday. So, I have a 2000 Tracker 175 with 60 HP Mercury for sale. It has Lowrances at console and on trolling motor. It is a great boat for me and the wife or other partner and the 2 bait wells are handy for both crappie and drifting for smallmouth and stripers below TVA dams. I don't have to always be supplying minnows for better half. Did not want to get rid of it, but my grandkids are 5,6,6, and 5, and the 175 was just not deep enough sides for us grandparents to feel safe. We ended up getting a Triton Deep V with 28" sides.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast