Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whole or Filet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whole or Filet?

I read most of the people on this site fry theirs filet. I like to spend a little extra time and cook the 3-4 to 1 1-4 pound crappie whole. They just taste a little better to me. I was just wondering if I'm the only one that fries them whole.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i like the whole fish will eate filets. i just like the bone cooked with all meat just taste better to me.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I like them anyway I can get them I don't get to many any more. Ron

Post Thanks / Like

I like them fried whole myself H-n-F. Matter of fact, over half the people that eat fish around here do, and I am always cooking for 8 to 20 people.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My dad said one time the worst part of a fish to eat was the skin(besides guts of course). I always fillet mine.

Post Thanks / Like

I use to eat them all whole, now I have a wife and she likes fillets. So I figure if I fix the way she likes it, I can keep fish'n. LOL I personally think it waste a lot of meat, especially when you got a good mess.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If theyre real thick I'll split a few so I get some fish on the bone. Wifey and daughter likes the fillets. My son likes 'em like I do....on the bone.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

on the big ones, i like to clean and scale em, then take a fillet off one side, with the skin. the other side has the backbone and tail, my favorite part.. when you take the fillet off, if you gonna remove the rib bones, its easier to take the skin off to. me, i just eat around the rib bones. If im gonna fry a big one whole and not fillet, then ill gash it down each side so it wont take it so long to cook.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I like frying them whole. Even the ones over 2 lbs. I think that you waste alot of meat by fileting them. I've got some thawing out in the sink right now to fry up!!! Ummmmm......

Post Thanks / Like

had then the way rango likes them. made a tomato gravy with fillets and fried the half a fish one the bone. Was great!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast