Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake of Egypt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake of Egypt

Looking for some info on Lake of Egypt . ( Boat ramps , Bait Shops and other things ) I'm going to stay near Harrisburg Il. . I'm planning on going down there the last week in March . Thanks in advance .
    See ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

I have never fished that far south. Does anyone know of any resorts(cabins) that can be rented around the Carbondale general area? I would really like to come down there and try those lakes in that area and I much prefer cabins over motels..thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Giant City Lodge is about the only place i can think of that has cabins. It sits near Little Grassy Lake about 15 miles south of Carbondale. Im sure you can Google it and find the phone number. There is a good restaraunt there and a good base location to fish some of the area lakes. Egypt would be about a 35 minute drive from here. Crab Orchard about 20 minutes, Little Grassy and Devils Kitchen no more than 5 to 10 minutes.

Egypt has 2 marinas. One is up by the hot water area (Pyramid Aacres) and the other about mid lake (Egyptian Hills). Both have bait and a ramp. 3 dollar fee to launch. Make sure you have all of you life jackets and other things required by law. The lake is patrolled every day by a full time patrol boat officer. 35 MPH speed limit is in effect as well. Limit on crappie at Egypt is 30. No limit on the others I mentioned.
    Last edited by CarpPoop; 02-07-2006 at 12:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lodging for fishing, Lake of Egypt, Little Grassy, Devil,s Kitchen, Crab Orchard

Some Friends of mine own this, it is a nice get away, and close to where you want to fish. Tell them S Chapman sent you....

Request Information

If you’re looking for a peaceful and private retreat look no further than Cabin On The Hill. Our log cabin rental has so much to offer. We’re nestled on a wooded hill, south of Carbondale, in Southern Illinois, close to many wonderful and picturesque places to explore. You can enjoy hiking, boating, horse back riding, wine festivals, and much more. See our local links to find out about the many entertaining and interesting things you can do in Southern Illinois.

When you’re not out exploring the countryside, enjoy a spectacular sunset from the front porch swing of our log cabin. Relax in the hot tub or sit by a crackling fire on the stone patio. Take a walk on our nature trail and have a picnic underneath the cool shade of the tall pine trees.

Inside, the cabin is beautifully decorated in old fashioned cabin style. It’s like stepping back into time, yet it has all of the comforts of today’s living. On the main floor you will find a fully functional kitchen, and charming and cozy great room, with a stone, gas fireplace. The main floor bedroom offers a comfortable, queen size log canopy bed. The loft bedroom has a queen size, log bed also. For additional sleeping accommodations, the futon in front of the fireplace opens and sleeps two. This cabin can comfortably sleep six adults. There is also a washer and dryer provided for your convenience. This is truly a home away from home

This cabin is perfect for that romantic getaway or just great for family vacations. Also an affordable anniversary or newly wed gift. Visit our cabin for one night, one week, or one month. However long your stay, we’re sure that you will thoroughly enjoy it.

Left: View of sunset from cabin front porch.

Accommodations: Amenities:
    2 bedrooms, great room couch makes into bed 1 bath
    Hot tub, stone gas fireplace, outdoor fire pit, gas grill, TV with satellite dish, DVD, phone, dishwasher, washer, dryer, stove, refrigerator, toaster, coffee maker, central heat and air, kitchen utensils, dishes, cook ware, towels,

and linens.

We gladly accept

© 2003 Cabin on the Hill LLC, All rights reserved.

Designed by Imagine Designs

About Us • Request Information • Check Availability • Reserve Online • Contact Us
    :rolleyes:

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Carp poop is right on with the info. The state has a ramp on the very SE end of the lake. You can put in there for free. Wagon wheel is the area name. right now the hot water discharge is the place to be. 1st part of april you will hit the spawn on the south end and grassy weed lines. Make sure to hit the beaver huts and rock banks.
    Carppoop are you a bowfisher?
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

CarpPoop and chap....thanks for the info. I looked at both places websites and like them. My wife and I have discussed going to southern illinois for the bigger part of a week sometime instead of going out of state but didn't know where to stay....your help is greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Kenny. Glad we could help. When I was in school at SIU I used to take my girlfriend out to Giant City and get a cabin for the weekend. Its beautiful out there for couples. Its in the Shawnee and there are lots of hiking trails and wildlife. You'll come back home a more relaxed man even if you dont catch many fish. I think those cabins are the reason I only stay in cabins now as an older man. I just like the idea of having your own little place away from lifes troubles for a day or 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Newsflash....Lake of Egypt apparently has new cabins! Check out this web site and go to the "services" link.

http://ehm.ubetchaoutdoors.com/

Also, there appears to be another cabin here where is says "country cabins":

http://www.ubetchaoutdoors.com/CountryCabins.htm