Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: bull shoals advice?

Post Thanks / Like

Default bull shoals advice?

my brother called me and asked for advice on bull shoals lake, and I have no idea even if the crappie fishing is worth the drive. so I am asking for any tips on areas, depths, colors, anything. are bandits worth bringing? or would jigging be better? is there lots of cover like truman or is it more like table rock, deep and clear? any tips are appreciated. thanks in advance.
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

I hear it is good for crappie, longliner,frosty and a couple others have fished it,I don't know a thing about it from personal experience, wish I could help, maby some one will chime in here today

Post Thanks / Like

It's more of a slow troll lake on the north end. There's standing timber, but nothing like MT or Truman. It's deep and goes deep quickly.
    It's a clear lake too. I recommend light line. I would focus on channel edges up long creeks.
    One thing for sure, it's a lot like Table Rock. You're can limit out , but you're not going to limit out quickly. There is some good quality fish in that lake. I focus on Beaver in the spring cuz it's the closest point to my house.
    If you troll you'll probably pick up white bass right now as they are on their fall run.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

What part of Bull Shoals are you thinking about fishing? It is a big deep clear water lake. Will you be fishing MO or ARK? You will not catch the numbers as Truman but larger crappie. This is a 10" crappie lake, most fish I catch run 12-13", night fishing is good off the bluffs with standing timber.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

In the spring the Bull will produce great fish and during the summer under lights is great as have been mention, but right now you had better know exactly what your doing or you'll be very sorry. I would put off the trip until spring or go to another lake right now unless your on the fish or have a guide.
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the replies. I didn't go along for this trip (I wasn't invited) just my brother and his inlaws. they are fishing the missouri side of the lake, but I dont know where exactly. I just told him if he cant find fish to pull bandits along large points, cause thats my go to method when I can't seem to find em.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for late reply. Just got on board. Catching real good size fish from the brush piles in the southern most part of bull. Either minnows fished verticaly or with slip bobbers. Fish early or late. Jigs are working when positioning out away from brush and casting right in the middle of the brush and counting down. Set hook when line goes slack. Remember bull is extremely clear, use lite line like 4# and fish with stealth.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the help and advice. the whole trip produced only 9 crappie out of 5 fisherman, but those were good-uns with the best 2 going over 13 inches. they were caught while vertical trolling jigs and minners but I dont know any colors. they also caught some nice gills, white bass and some green carp. not a bad trip for a bunch of beginners!