Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: gone fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default gone fishing

I am heading to the lake this morning. It is 39 with lite winds, and is to get to 70 and sunny today with lite variable winds so should be a good day for us. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

It was a very nice day today here. Got to the lake and put the boat in and motored over to the Marina and put the trolling motor down and nothing. The Female end of the plug-in for the trolling motor broke and couldn't get any power to the trolling motor. I motored over to the Marina Boat Store and bought a new Female plug and hoped it would fit the old Male end. No luck it didn't fit so back to the store and bought the Male end to the one I already had boughten. Borrowed some tools and switched out the plugs and was back in business again.
    Water temps were still 64 today and the fish were in the 10ft depth today. I bought bigger Minnows today and tried both minnows and jigs but they didn't want the jigs today. We caught the biggest Crappies on the Minnows. They didn't hit all that good while trolling. We caught a few while trolling but not like with the minnows. We dropped the minnow to the bottom and jigged it slowly coming up and got the hits on the way up. We got 34 fish again today. 32 crappie, 1 nice bluegill and 1 drum. The Crappie were all bigger today than they were the other day. They were up to 13 inches today. Name:  fishing 10-21-10 006.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  148.9 KB Name:  fishing 10-21-10 003.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  148.0 KB Name:  fishing 10-21-10 004.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  146.3 KBEName:  fishing 10-21-10 001.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  124.6 KBBName:  fishing 10-21-10 005.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  148.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish, blackies a little harder to come by today? Yesterday was my fishing day, great mid-afternoon walleye bite. 5 fish limit all 16"+/-, very few crappie and I'd move when the whites showed up. Family re-union on Sun. and I've turned them into gulls, I'll need to catch more to save on the fingers! Good job and nice report.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking fish Eager Beaver. What is your water temps up there?
    Carter

“Within the covers of the Bible are all the answers for all the problems men face."
    Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like

Carter: The water temps have been 64 for the past few weeks. It was down to 61 a while back but warmed up a little again. EB

Post Thanks / Like

EB, I don't retire my boat for the winter, and if you would like to come down to KS sometime let me know. Nov is probably my favorite month with many large eyes and plenty of slabs. Our fish stocks look to be the best in years as for quality/numbers.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Will have to see what the weather man brings this winter. May just take you up on your invite. EB