Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: MAINEIAC New member, HELP

Post Thanks / Like

Cool MAINEIAC New member, HELP

Just retired,first winter in Florida.(Winter Haven) These Florida crappie are either very smart or very few and far between. Have tried kentucky rig,drop shot,bobber & minnow,with & w/o jig and tightline with jig & a piece of worm(works great in Maine). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Aboard from The Heart of North Carolina.

You may want to post this question in the Florida Forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome HOT SPOT

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Maineiac from Arkansas. You will find a lot of info here. Good fishing!

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

you lucky dog, you living in polk county , there is so much great fishing year round down there,, i got alot of family down there and someday plan on moving back to haines city,,,, sorry cant help on crappie i cant even beg them in the boat up here in north bama

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the welcomes L.A. stumpjumper & jhef. 50 Degrees & wind 25+ today in Florida. Whoood a thunk it. Got bored and went to the BPS Sale in Orlando. Just as I walked in they announced Wally Marshall was doing a seminar at the big tank in 5 minutes. Very good. I have read in the forum what a nice man he is and very down to earth. Absolutely true. He spent a lot of time on the floor shaking hands & talking with people after his seminar. I now have 4 WM signature series to go with 2 Sam Heatons & 2 Outlaw rods I am still waiting for. WM signatures are 29.95 at the sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Maineiac, my wife and I are also recently retired and "snowbirding" here in central Florida up on Lake Griffin. Fishing has been tough up here also. Most fish are being caught spider rigging in deep water. Lots of weather changes all winter long haven't helped. Going down to BPS this Thursday for the sale, did they have some good deals? Looking to pickup a new micro reel for my 12' crappie poles and some jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

MAINEIAC,

Have you tried using horsehead jigs? For some reason when I goto a new lake and have trouble I'll slow troll one with a tube on it and tip the jig with a wax worm and I do really well. Never got to fish Florida when I was stationed out there. Kick myself in the butt for not doing it. Give that a try hopefully it'll work out for ya. My favorite is a black head with a charteuse or white tube. Also welcome from California (for only 8 more months).

Keep those jigs wet

Dave
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard.My wifes family lives in Avon Park.I dont when I will get back down there.I was down the first of jan so I hope that will hold my wife for a year or so.I dont know about crappie her uncle is always braging about ccatching alot of bass at kissimmee and arbuckle creek.Good luck and maybe you can find them and the next time I am down maybe you can put me on some slabs.